• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Late Round Gem???

chknwing

10 hours ago, 45catfan said:

No way Newman drops to the 6th/7th. Buechle/Ehinger are fringe UDFA just like Franks.

I think you might be surprised. He has physical tools, but any GM is going to question his competitiveness, or really his ability too, after he packed his bags and went home once he didn’t show out in camp at UGA. 

Really I didn’t even think he was impressive against better competition at Wake. For example, Clawsen didn’t trust him to do anything against Clemson except run that delayed mesh zone and throw yolo bombs on the outside. I wouldn’t be disappointed if Carolina took a shot on the tools in day 3, but I don’t think he’s any kind of lock to go before the 6th round. He might, he might not. 

22 hours ago, 45catfan said:

How about I pick one from most posotion groups?

FB- Ben Mason-Michigan

SWR-Smith South Carolina

OLB/Edge-Koonce-Buffalo

C-Jimmy Morrissey-Pittsburgh

OG-Kreamer-Notre Dame

OT-Van Lanen-Wsconsin

TE-Angeline- NC State

RB-Patterson-Buffalo

QB-Franks-Arkansas

DE-Sample/Jackson (Tulane/Coastal Carolina)

DT-Tonga/Brown (BYU/Texas A&M/OLB-Stevens-LSU

CB-Taylor/Gown-(Washington/Central Florida)

S/OLB-Stevens-LSU

All good.

Another late round WR he might turn into something I think is Marquez Stevenson. He had a reputation for speed but his recorded 40 times are slower than you'd think. He is out of Houston. He has done well as a KR and I think his game speed is pretty good. Seemed to outrun everyone he played against despite the slow 40 (if the mid 4.4s early 4.5s are slow).

Larry Rountree. We could use a ground and pound type back to rest CMC. He runs hard and is strong between the tackles. Be nice to have that at the goal line. And he actually is a back who can pass protect. 

We do need something like that. Gerrid Doaks from Cincy is a similar back. Big (230 or so), and can pound the rock between the tackles. One of the draft previews i read said he was good in pass protection too. Probably go undrafted but might be worth a look with our last pick.

On 4/26/2021 at 7:43 PM, 45catfan said:

Gone before the 5th, bank on it.  You don't find 6"4' with 4.4 speed often.

I've seen alot of boards having him still ranked in the area of 210th best prospect. About early 6th is what I have seen.  Tho he looked really good during pro day, it may have just been Mills throwing almost perfect too. Who knows. But he may still be there.

On 4/27/2021 at 7:57 PM, Michael G said:

Another late round WR he might turn into something I think is Marquez Stevenson. He had a reputation for speed but his recorded 40 times are slower than you'd think. He is out of Houston. He has done well as a KR and I think his game speed is pretty good. Seemed to outrun everyone he played against despite the slow 40 (if the mid 4.4s early 4.5s are slow).

I like this guy, but I think he’s going higher than 6th/7th