• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting 1st RD mock firm bleacher report

raleigh-panther

4 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

OK, according to the link, Miami traded #6 to Dallas for #10, then traded #10 to us for #8, which we traded to philly for #12. Clear as mud! I've thought about the idea of trading for miami's # 18, & 36, so that was my first thought here, It's a bit convoluted. 

And also, why the fug do we see Slater as a guard when everyone else in the world sees him as the #2 LT available? That's even harder to understand.

I think Slater is a LT as well but the author is simply stating what more than one evaluator has said.  It’s probably a 65% to 35% split with LT being the majority selection

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

read the full link, that might help

I found his take to be possible and probable based on the trade up to Atlanta for number 4     That changes everything and realistically, Fitterer will not go lower than 12 to 15 range 

not  directed at you but some people on here bitch if you just give a link, some bitch if you give just the text or too much text , some bitch if you give both andsome just like to criticize to prove how much smarter they think they are than others  and today is one of those days in which I have no patience for it 

I shared this because the author is someone who gives really good positional breakdowns with film justification when he is evaluating players and game outcomes 

Thats fair. 

I do like the idea of trading down and staying in the top half of the 1st round still. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

So Miami just sent Philly a 2022 1st to move up to 6. You really think that Miami is going to again, send another future 1st to move up to 8th (in this mock)? That would have Miami giving up a total of three 1st rounder just for Jamarr Chase. 

total hypothetical but if the draft falls like this...

4. Pitts, 5.Chase, 6.(Mia) Sewell, 7. Smith or a QB 8. they could want Waddle or Smith and landing Sewell and Waddle/Smith in this draft is worth whatever compensation, for that team in it's current state.

3 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

That’s not what I’m arguing about. Im arguing about the trade that happened in the article/mock. Miami had already traded down from 3 to 12 (SF) and then gave Philly next year’s 1st to get to 6. They’re not going to trade down with a division rival (Cowboys’ 10) and then have to send another future 1st to us (Carolina) in order to get to 8 for Chase. That would be a total of three 1st rounders for just a receiver. If Miami wants Chase, they’re taking him at 6 or trading down to 8 and taking him. Not trading down further to just trade back up to take someone. They already positioned themselves that same way of moving down to move back up with SF and philly.

I didnt read that article but I suggested in another thread that Miami could want to trade back up and you and someone else were pretty adamant that it wasnt possible, so I just stated my hypothetical(here) that I thought of in that thread in which I should have replied there but didnt find it worthwhile at the time but then this was suggested and i wasted about 4 minutes replying to these two quotes. But cool, Miami definitely wont trade up from 18, gotcha, even tho they are still ahead from the Houston/SF trades and are desperate for weapons and Sewell and Waddle wouldnt be a hell of a draft.

39 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

This thread does not bode well for the huddle's reading comprehension. Thanks for sharing the article @raleigh-pantherI think the draft may play out to something similiar to this.

Im Out GIF

Thank you

there are many different points of view of what will happen 

the lynchpin, unfortunately, is Atlanta 

if any  team benefits if fields falls, it’s them

i don’t begin to know.  

I hope for the best seeing how I put my money and time where my mouth is by choice with this team.

nothing like NFL Sunday in the stadium.