• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King has us taking Justin Fields

GoobyPls

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He lived in the Herniay era, its not ok.

Yeah, I get it.  I really do.

We had a good draft last year, and I still have to fight the urge to think about what "diamond in the rough" we are going to beat everyone to in the second round.....even though everyone was debating whether to take them in the fifth round or perhaps sign them as an UDFA.....or not at all.

It is probably some form of Stockholm Syndrome.

Just now, Sgt Schultz said:

Yeah, I get it.  I really do.

We had a good draft last year, and I still have to fight the urge to think about what "diamond in the rough" we are going to beat everyone to in the second round.....even though everyone was debating whether to take them in the fifth round or perhaps sign them as an UDFA.....or not at all.

It is probably some form of Stockholm Syndrome.

Imagine if Herniay drafted Herbert...... youd HAVE to re-sign the guy who draft the leagues best young QB. You MUST. Herbert, YGM, Chinn, Roy, Pride, Krob, STO.....been a all-time class and hernaiy would still be GM.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I dont value ANY CB at the 8th pick, theres a huge gap for me between Sewell/top 3 WRs and Horn/Sustain/Farely. Not as big a gap but Id still prefer Slater over the 3 CBs. Id honestly take Kwity Paye over 3 CBs, just far more value at OT/WR/DE than CB.....unless its a prime revis clone. 

I dont know about the New GM Fitterer, but I know he should value LT/DE/WR over CB too. There is whispers about Panthers targeting Sustain and/or Horn. 

Gotta disagree with you on placing higher value on a WR than a CB. It's a lot easier to find quality WR's than CB's. PFF has 10 receivers in the 2021 draft ranked in the top 71 players. https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-cornerback-rankings. They have 10 cornerbacks in the top 72. But, after the 2nd round there is a steeper dropoff in talent than with the WR's.

I don't think either of our starting wideouts would rank among the top 10 in the NFL. But, both played well and racked up over a 1,000 yards on receptions despite playing with a mediocre/average QB. DJ and Robbie would be solid starters on over half the teams in the league. Last season with the possible exception of Donte Jackson (the only CB on our team with an INT) none of our corners could start for the upper echelon teams in the NFL. I think a couple couldn't even make their rosters as backups.

I'm not saying we should draft a CB at 8, but if we did I can at least understand the reasoning. I'd prefer a LT, or a trade down. I wouldn't even consider taking Justin Fields at #8 after trading for Darnold so I hope Mr. King is wrong on this one.

Edited by SCO96
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Darnold would most likely start the season as qb1. If he plays well, Fields would never see the field. Good problem to have going into next year's draft which is qb lite. 

I don’t see Fields increasing in value without seeing the field. If he falls to us it already means teams are souring on him. 

• Pie 1

I have no idea how so many people are on board with Fields after the Darnold trade. It just makes that move look like total incompetence. 

If Darnold is good, what happens to Fields? Traded for a lesser pick?

If Darnold stinks, Fields starts around mid-year and we blew those picks. Not saying Fields is bad choice at all, but it would just really leave a sour taste in mouth after giving up what we did for Darnold.

• Pie 2