• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Stars 4/26-4/27 Final Two

Harbingers

"DALLAS - The third and final leg of a six-game road trip brings the Carolina Hurricanes to Dallas to face off against the Stars on back-to-back nights.

The Match-Up

Carolina Hurricanes (31-10-6, 68 points) at Dallas Stars (20-15-12, 52 points)

Monday, April 26, 7:30 p.m.

Watch: NBCSN

Listen: 99.9 FM The Fan, Hurricanes.com/Listen, Hurricanes app

Numbers to Know

600: Dougie Hamilton is set to play in his 600th career NHL game, and he'll become the 13th defenseman in franchise history to do so. Hamilton netted two goals against Florida on Saturday and has recorded 28 points (7g, 21a) in his last 28 games.

1: The Canes are a point away from clinching a berth in the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Opposition

Last five games: 4-0-1, 9 points
At home: 12-6-8, 32 points
CAR vs. DAL: 5-1-0
Leading scorer: Joe Pavelski, 43 points (20g, 23a) in 47 games

The Stars are creeping up the standings in search of the fourth seed in the Central Division. After firing a season-high 52 shots on Jonathan Bernier, Dallas outlasted the Red Wings for a 2-1 overtime win on Saturday night to draw closer to Nashville in the standings. The Stars, who are 7-1-2 in their last 10 games, sit just two points out of fourth place with two games in hand on the Predators."

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/gameday-preview-carolina-hurricanes-dallas-stars/c-324018098

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/projected-lineup-carolina-hurricanes-dallas-stars/c-324036318

"

DALLAS - The Carolina Hurricanes have another opportunity to punch their ticket to the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs when they face off with the Dallas Stars on the front half of a back-to-back set.

Jesper Fast skated on a line with Sebastian Aho and Andrei Svechnikov in the morning skate. James Reimer will get the start in net.

GAME PREVIEW

Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Aho-Fast
Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
Paquette-Staal-Foegele
McCormick-Lorentz-Geekie

Defensemen

Slavin-Hamilton
Gardiner-Pesce
Bean-Hakanpaa

Goalies

Reimer
Nedeljkovic

Injuries: Martinook (lower body), McGinn (upper body), Mrazek (lower body), Skjei (concussion), Teravainen (concussion symptoms; injured reserve)

Taxi squad: Ryan, Shore"

Don't think we should expect fast tonight or tomorrow from the sound of Rods presser.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

Wait I am super confused. Bean is out there? But all our normals + Ryan is too? I am so confused. 

Was Kenny Albert just messing names up? I could have sworn I saw 33 out there too. 

I guess we are rolling with 9 defensemen? 

Edited by Harbingers