• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horn

kratos997

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I've never seen him play (or at least if I've stumbled across a Gamecocks game I've never noticed him), but 2 career INTs makes me do a double take.

Surely you want a playmaker at CB?

Interceptions from CBs are pretty overrated. There’s a lot of variance in those numbers year-to-year. The problems with Horn are that he’s not very consistent, gets his head a little too big for his britches, and I don’t think his play speed matches his Underwear Olympics testing. 

The high end play from him looks really good at times, but he’s too risky for me to be happy with at 8. Hard to believe you could line up Carolina’s board, and he’d be the 8th best player. 

Edited by Smittymoose

20 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I've never seen him play (or at least if I've stumbled across a Gamecocks game I've never noticed him), but 2 career INTs makes me do a double take.

Surely you want a playmaker at CB?

There is a ton of concern that he plays too aggressive and its going to be flag mania in the NFL.  He is very handsy.

5 minutes ago, Panthro said:

They like Horn but not ahead of chase sewell and pitts 

They like him more than slater

If that is the case than I am not sure how they can see that.  A starting LT is a premium especially when  you dont have anything that resembles one on the roster.

If this is the case and they pick Horn over Slater that is going to be deja vu in picking Brown over Beckton or Wirfs in 2020.

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If that is the case than I am not sure how they can see that.  A starting LT is a premium especially when  you dont have anything that resembles one on the roster.

If this is the case and they pick Horn over Slater that is going to be deja vu in picking Brown over Beckton or Wirfs in 2020.

Gap between sewell and slater is big

Def an option if they move back a bit

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

Horn would be the pick, if Hurney was still here.  Horn is in the whats still left when carolina trades down in the 1st.  I love the pick, but only if carolina is picking 12-15

if Hurney was here we would be getting ready to welcome Etienne.  Then he would trade back into the first and pick up Harris.  Triple trouble. 

1 hour ago, Smittymoose said:

Interceptions from CBs are pretty overrated. There’s a lot of variance in those numbers year-to-year. The problems with Horn are that he’s not very consistent, gets his head a little too big for his britches, and I don’t think his play speed matches his Underwear Olympics testing. 

The high end play from him looks really good at times, but he’s too risky for me to be happy with at 8. Hard to believe you could line up Carolina’s board, and he’d be the 8th best player. 

Part of the reason why Bradbury was never considered elite was because QBs weren't afraid to throw his way. He was zero threat to turn the ball over.

It matters at the next level when QB play improves. 

1 hour ago, Growl said:

the back of my mind concern about Horn is.... did Horn's personal stats benefit from the rest of this team being bad? 

Tua threw for about 500 yards that day.   There were easier places to go than throwing at Horn.  So teams often did that.   How much of that is being scared of Horn vs just taking the open and easy layups that were all over the field (especially last year). 

Corners always scare me in a draft.   Hard to tell in college how good they really are often vs other positions.   

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

the back of my mind concern about Horn is.... did Horn's personal stats benefit from the rest of this team being bad? 

Tua threw for about 500 yards that day.   There were easier places to go than throwing at Horn.  So teams often did that.   How much of that is being scared of Horn vs just taking the open and easy layups that were all over the field (especially last year). 

Corners always scare me in a draft.   Hard to tell in college how good they really are often vs other positions. 

I really don’t care what they do at this point

should've made a run at a QB

edit: also wasn’t one of your earlier questions about Horn pertaining to a question of whether or not teams went out of their way to avoid him

Edited by Growl

Just now, Growl said:

I really don’t care what they do at this point

should've made a run at a QB

I'm still hoping for Justin Fields.    If that doesn't happen?  I don't really care.  I don't want them to leave Pitts, Chase, or Fields on the board if QBs go early.  But if they are all gone? I probably won't care until we see them in pads.