• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris “Troll” Simms- First round mock

CRA

26 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Just an FYI, it was actually the 3rd pick we would have had. You know the one where SF gave up 3 1st rounders and a 3rd this year for it. SMH, what a haul if we didn’t really like anyone outside of Lawrence and Wilson. Heck, Miami got back to 6 and still kept an extra 1st and extra 3rd this year. We could have had Sewell plus a future 1st and an extra 3rd this year or stayed at 12 and got maybe Horn or Slater, 2 future 1sts and an extra 3rd. Instead we’ve got 8. We sure as poo ain’t lucky.

Rebuild a franchise with a bunch of 1st round picks? That will never work. You need to go get guys like Bridgewater and Darnold maybe even sign your RB to a mega deal...that's how you do it.

• Flames 2

8 hours ago, @bonafidebanter said:

Let's see if the DUI actually hurts Mac Jones. My only. He's getting help from the media and pundits totally ignoring the fact that he got one, so it probably won't. 

Cowherd on his morning show has mentioned several times about the DUI, so it's out their.

9 hours ago, CRA said:

I don't buy that he believes he will be drafted #32. 

Field's physicals tools with Trubisky's brain doesn't = 32nd pick in a QB starved league.  

It's total clickbait.  It's literally Simms' job right now.  To get the internet folks talking.  

If it was up to Simms Field wouldn’t even go on the first round.

Trubisky has good physical tools

If Simms put out a run of the mill mock with what is expected we wouldn’t be discussing it here.  Thats his job.

Biggest surprise to me here would be Gettleman trading down with Waddle sitting there.  Highly unlikely.

Edited by Shocker

I listened to almost all of it.  I think he's got a lot of it right - especially the first 7.  If we snag WFTs first, second and 2022's first and maybe some change, I'd be on board with the trade.  And with a deep T draft and an extra 2nd this year, It's not crazy to roll the dice on possibly the best cb in the class given our needs.  I'd probably take slater, then Stokes/Newsome with our second, then Grant with Washington's second.   

5 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Uh no it isn't but we can tell which show you still watch rofl. Like who the fug still watches first take lol. You still tune in the the radio or some black and white TV. How about that CB.

Not sure if that was directed at me.  I just followed the link and listened to this on youtube.  If this was "first take", that's news to me.  I've never seen first take (until now I guess?).

Since you asked, I mostly read.  Don't watch a lot of TV, listen to the radio, or own a CB.  Since the link was provided, I thought I'd give it a fair listen since the guy is a legit ex-QB who does this for a living as opposed to some message board hack.

Still trying to understand your point.  Is Simms opinion less worthy because he presented them on this "first take" show? 

• Beer 1