• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To all Sewell hopefuls

Ja  Rhule

20 minutes ago, stbugs said:

But that doesn’t mean Flowers (their LG) being traded equals taking Sewell. I’m not saying they won’t take Sewell but that this news has nothing to do with taking him.

I mean it could mean they are taking Sewell, but I seriously doubt it.

The thinking behind the Sewell talk for Miami.....

Last year in Miami

LT - Jackson

LG - Flowers

C - Karras

RG - Kindley

RT - Hunt

In the Sewell scenario after Flowers was traded, Kindley would move to LG where he played in college, and Hunt would move down to RG. They also lost Karras in FA but signed Skura.

With Sewell

LT - Jackson

LG - Kindley

C - Skura

RG - Hunt

RT - Sewell

Having Tua as a lefty puts Sewell at RT protecting the blind side.

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I mean it could mean they are taking Sewell, but I seriously doubt it.

The thinking behind the Sewell talk for Miami.....

Last year in Miami

LT - Jackson

LG - Flowers

C - Karras

RG - Kindley

RT - Hunt

In the Sewell scenario after Flowers was traded, Kindley would move to LG where he played in college, and Hunt would move down to RG. They also lost Karras in FA but signed Skura.

With Sewell

LT - Jackson

LG - Kindley

C - Skura

RG - Hunt

RT - Sewell

Having Tua as a lefty puts Sewell at RT protecting the blind side.

I read on the athletic I think is that Miami is trying to come away with Chase and Etienne in the first.  That would super charge their offense

4 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Miami is taking Chase or trading back taking Smith/Waddle!

Good question as to which the are thinking.  I think they originally traded out of 3 and then back into 6 because they were looking at receivers, and there are three marquis wideouts and Pitts available.  They didn't need the #3 pick, so they parlayed it into more picks to address more needs.

Right now they have two picks in the first (6 and 18) and four in the top 50 (add 36 and 50). 

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

fwiw

Miami Newspaper poll:
image.thumb.png.1a61c35bfdc36ce5e5063db953e2e192.png

They have a chance to get one of the top WRs in some time (Chase) or Waddle.  They can get a T later.

That is pretty much inline with the consensus I have seen on their needs.  Now imagine them with another 2nd or 3rd rounder and a slightly lower first pick.  They could wind up with two new receivers and filling the other needs all by pick 50.  They would probably want any picks beyond that (for potentially moving down) in 2022.

Barring a Hurney moment, they are going to be more talented a week from now than they are today, at least on paper. 

Edited by Sgt Schultz