• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New playing surface coming to Bank of America Stadium

Atlanta plays on turf. New Orleans on turf and now the Panthers.

This means of the eight division games we will play one on grass in Tampa Bay.

I really don't like this decision. It's simply not a good move to move especially with all the injuries on the synthetic surface. This is a Dave Tepper move designed with $$$ in mind.

2 minutes ago, panthertime said:

Atlanta plays on turf. New Orleans on turf and now the Panthers.

This means of the eight division games we will play one on grass in Tampa Bay.

I really don't like this decision. It's simply not a good move to move especially with all the injuries on the synthetic surface. This is a Dave Tepper move designed with $$$ in mind.

Yep, it’s bad math.  Football injury math at least.  Injuries are going to go up. 

I don’t care about Tepper wanting to maximize the facility, doing other things at the stadium, etc.   Which is where you have to go for this move to make sense. 

it is a negative if you are about the sports.  It’s a positive for their budget and probably makes life easier if you work there and those that want to do other things at the facility. 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

What? I don't know or care what they want. I know without them we would still be playing on grass. Fug them and their sport. This is as bad as having a dirt diamond on the field because baseball sucks also.

Oh dear.

• Beer 1

Goodbye ACL's and hello heat strokes

I get the cost saving, but at what cost to the players?

Found this Texas Rangers video on a new kinda turf called Synthetic Grass which is supposed to be way better and less impactful. Hopefully we go this route.

Edited by blueandblackattack
1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

A stadium that's used for football and soccer would technically still be a single use venue, i.e. sports.

Tepper also wants concerts.

A stadium that is used for football, soccer and concerts would technically still be a single use venue, i.e. outdoor activities. 

Am I doing this right?

1 minute ago, Popsickle said:

A stadium that is used for football, soccer and concerts would technically still be a single use venue, i.e. outdoor activities. 

Am I doing this right?

I honestly have no idea 😐

1 hour ago, Floppin said:

Money may be part of it but I think a larger part of it is just the quality concerns. With that much maintenance requirement the field would just suffer period, which would lead to probably more injuries than just switching to turf. Again, people just grinding axes that they've already created. Such as Tepper only being concerned with money.

I'm sure you watched sports on natural grass fields that are constantly having to be resod or conversely fields who forgo resoding and just try to maintain the grass as is. It's usually a fuging disaster of trash conditions.

its all about the cash

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

One misstep here and there isn't that serious, just about every single move that he has made since acquiring the Panthers has been a bad move.

That's where it get's serious.

It's professional sports. You pay him to watch his team play a game. None of it is serious. 

• Pie 2
2 minutes ago, Jump Zone said:

While I prefer a grass playing field, this was expected. However, in 5 to 7 years we could be back playing on grass when a new stadium opens.

Not gonna happen....Tepper wants one of those ugly spaceship domes

6 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

It's professional sports. You pay him to watch his team play a game. None of it is serious.