• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy B to the Broncos for a 6th!

joemac

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But we didnt get anything for him and we are taking a hard hit.  Just let him be a back up or hold him until another teams starter goes down

This would be true if his base salary was zero or very low. It's $17M. You'd be paying him $17M in new money that is $17M in cap space you'll never get back by keeping him on the roster this year.

Hell, I would've given up a 6th just to have him gone.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah that doesnt make sense for a 6th.  Seems like we should have just kept him

We created a scenario where Teddy simply couldn't be on the roster IMO.   Panthers pretty much tossed him under the bus.  After that, they couldn't keep him around. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, t96 said:

I honestly really hope he does well in Denver. Great guy. Just couldn't cut it on the field for us here. Still rooting for him to succeed, even coming back from his injury in the first place was awesome.

I hope he absolutely bombs in Denver.

fug that franchise.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, blackcat said:

By renegotiating the final two years of Bridgewater's deal, the Panthers will save $6 million in 2021 and $26 million in 2022, a source told ESPN's David Newton.

Tom Pelissero indicated that agreement on draft pick compensation was the easy part of the trade.

Working out how they were going to split the salary was what took time.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

We created a scenario where Teddy simply couldn't be on the roster IMO.   Panthers pretty much tossed him under the bus.  After that, they couldn't keep him around. 

Thats an expensive lesson that I hope Tepper and RHule learned from.  Should have just kept quiet and kept him as a back up.  Darnold does get hurt a lot

• Pie 1

Just now, La Pantera said:

6 million in cap, 6th round pick > Bridgewater

Not to mention he's basically off our hands next year.  $26 mil off the books 2022.  A Post-J1 cut would have still hit us 5 mil. 

The only better case scenario would've been a higher draft pick (or never signing him in the first place lol)

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats an expensive lesson that I hope Tepper and RHule learned from.  Should have just kept quiet and kept him as a back up.  Darnold does get hurt a lot

I'd rather watch PJ Walker lose a game than Teddy. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1