• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy B to the Broncos for a 6th!

joemac

I wasn't reading 22 pages to see if this had been mentioned, but this is a HIGH 6th rounder for Teddy.  We lost a comp pick 6th for Darnold.  This is essentially like a comp 5th rounder as only 6 teams pick ahead of us at the top of the round compared to next to last in the comp section of the round.  It's a difference of like 35 selections, which is equivalent to an entire round.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Two weeks ago the Huddle said Teddy’s contract was untradeable. We got something for Teddy, this is a win. 

FIFY.  I wasn't one of them, by the way, and I have the receipts to prove it.  While Teddy failed our expectations, he is a legit backup.  Chances were if we let him go for peanuts, someone would bite.  Denver was the likely choice and they made it happen.

8 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Two weeks ago Albert Breer said Teddy’s contract was untradeable. We got something for Teddy, this is a win. 

It was great we got a return, but Breer was right to a degree. We had to eat most of the contract for this to work.

19 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

FIFY.  I wasn't one of them, by the way, and I have the receipts to prove it.  While Teddy failed our expectations, he is a legit backup.  Chances were if we let him go for peanuts, someone would bite.  Denver was the likely choice and they made it happen.

His contract WAS untradeable - Teddy had to restructure/adjust compensation by cancelling the 3rd year and Carolina still had to eat money to make it happen.

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

His contract WAS untradeable - Teddy had to restructure/adjust compensation by cancelling the 3rd year and Carolina still had to eat money to make it happen.

Guess what?  A re-work was always an option and had been discussed in that thread several times, but people just thought Teddy sucked too bad to be traded.  It wasn't the contract, but their personal bias about Teddy that they thought made him untradedable.  Contracts are not set in stone.

Point being, Teddy is gone and the contract wasn't a major obstacle.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Guess what?  A re-work was always an option and had been discussed in that thread several times, but people just thought Teddy sucked too bad to be traded.  It wasn't the contract, but their personal bias about Teddy that they thought made him untradedable.  Contracts are not set in stone.

Point being, Teddy is gone and the contract wasn't a major obstacle.

You said the contract wasn't untradeable and that you 'had receipts', not that it 'wasn't a major obstacle', it was pointed out that the contract had to be reworked to facilitate a trade, and now you're saying it was all bias against Teddy and you never said the contract wouldn't have to be reworked. Every player has a contract so yeah, the one he had was by definition untradeable if it had to be altered to make a trade happen.

Whatever though, the team has moved on and that's a net positive.

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

You said the contract wasn't untradeable and that you 'had receipts', not that it 'wasn't a major obstacle', it was pointed out that the contract had to be reworked to facilitate a trade, and now you're saying it was all bias against Teddy and you never said the contract wouldn't have to be reworked. Every player has a contract so yeah, the one he had was by definition untradeable if it had to be altered to make a trade happen.

Whatever though, the team has moved on and that's a net positive.

Chalk it up dude, pat yourself on the back, you won! I have a job to get to in a few minutes and don't have time to argue freaking semantics.  I hope you have a wonderful day!

33 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Chalk it up dude, pat yourself on the back, you won! I have a job to get to in a few minutes and don't have time to argue freaking semantics.  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Alrighty.

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He wasn’t here for the buying portion. He is more of a cut your losses and move on kind of guy.

For that crap contract and Bridgewaters playing level a 6th and splitting the cost was a win. Thank god Hurney will be negotiating WFTs contracts from now on. 

• Pie 1