• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most physically talented quarterback ever

Mr. Scot

Cam is up there. Hard to compare the older players. They played some incredibly tough football but  it's too hard for me to say if they were as physically gifted. I think of W Moon, Cunningham and McNair. Now it's pass first but back then lots of hard nose football.

Feels like someone obvious is out there I can't remember.

True story about the Manning/Leaf draft prep.  The Colts were without question considering Leaf at #1 and at many times thought he was the more talented player.  They hired a behavioral expert to interview both guys, it was that close.  The guy said I would not draft Leaf.  Bobby Bethared (Chargers GM) did the same but was so enthralled with Leafs talent he ignored the advice.  The rest is history.

These days these QBs are vetted to an amazing degree but back then the psch eval was not common.  

Edited by Shocker

Ill add a few different names

Best arm or best physically talented arm Ive seen - Jeff George. He could out throw a few QBs (teddy lol) today in his 60s

Otto Gramham never gets the credit he deserves, won like 10 championships and held all the records for a long time. All teams where running teams, but Otto showed you could throw the ball too.

Fran Tarkenton had like 6,000 rushing years when the next QB had like 200 or so. First real dual-threat

Randell Cunningham was already said, just to add he could punt the hell of the ball too-

Dante Culpepper, Steve McNair, had unreal gifts too. Brain is physical to some, Fitzmagic is super smart.... but not enough not to play ball... 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1