• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most physically talented quarterback ever

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'll just add that I absolutely hated Michael Vick as a player for the Falcons.  He completely destroyed us, and I'll never forget attending the 41-0 game in 2002.  I have never seen a player single handedly destroy a team the way he destroyed us that season.  The other game we lost 30-0.

Or the time he levitated out of bounds for a good 15 yards to cross the infinite plane. They reviewed that play for about 2 hours because everyone knew there was no way he didn't touch ground. Nope, he didn't.

The physics alone of that play still baffle me. It was like he dunked from half court.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Randal Cunningham was like a ghost out there

Dude don’t, you’re going to scare Sam Darnold.  

In all seriousness, it depends on what’s meant by “physically talented.” The whole package?  It’s had to argue against Cam being at the top.  He did things I’ve never seen before.  Elusive, strong, cannon arm, fast, huge.  He didn’t look fast when he ran but then he would outrun everyone until he got gassed at the end of a 50 yard scamper.  

guys like Vick and Lamar are definitely faster and twitchier, but their lack of strength and build keeps them below.  I think Cunningham weighed like 30 pounds less than Cam.  I think he’s the #1 choice for overall physical talent

anyone who doesn't instantly say Cam Newton knows nothing about football and has no business discussing it.

Vick was fast but that's not all that being physically gifted is about. Cam was physically gifted in so many ways and in so many senses of the word.

2 hours ago, PandaMan said:

In all seriousness, it depends on what’s meant by “physically talented.” The whole package?  It’s had to argue against Cam being at the top.  He did things I’ve never seen before.  Elusive, strong, cannon arm, fast, huge.  He didn’t look fast when he ran but then he would outrun everyone until he got gassed at the end of a 50 yard scamper.  

guys like Vick and Lamar are definitely faster and twitchier, but their lack of strength and build keeps them below.  I think Cunningham weighed like 30 pounds less than Cam.  I think he’s the #1 choice for overall physical talent

Prime Cam vs Prime Vick is a tough comparison. They were such completely different physical specimens who happened to play the same position.

If Cam tried to tackle Vick, Cam would be tied up like a pretzel in a cloud of dust.  

If Vick tried to tackle Cam, Vick would get stiff armed into oblivion. 

It would be like Ngannou vs Mighty Mouse

6 hours ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

Cameron Jerrell Newton.

Unfortunately we squandered him and were right to move on but still.

If Cam balls out for NE like I expect him to this year with an actual NFL level offense and an actual offseason with the playbook and teammates, and we are still stuck signing JAG FA Qbs I don't see how ANYONE on this board can say with a straight face we were right to move on from him. It will be the single biggest mistake of the David Tepper/Matt Rhule era if Cam Newton can still play at an MVP level - then they had no business letting him go.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

7 hours ago, PandaMan said:

Cam's body of work stands for itself. In his prime, there was no one, and has been no one, like him.