• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers are working hard to lay foundation for a trade back

TheSpecialJuan

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Farley 

2017 - acl

2019 - back spasms

2020 - sat out 

missed pro day - back surgery

missing draft - covid 

It’s like the warning signs slapping you in the face with Farley.   He is a great talent but the draft is risky enough with a 100% healthy stud. 

I mean I agree. I'm not saying I'd be stoked if we take him.

But how many times have we seen NFL talent evaluators take the risk on athleticism and talent. 

His biggest concern is his back. That's getting a medical clear from what I hear. He's likely gonna be a first.

Dale Arnold

@DaleEArnold
· 42m
What I’ve been told, by a reliable source —- @Patriots are working on a new contract for Jimmy G that could lead to a deal with @49ers. Same source who correctly told me Tom Brady had signed with @Buccaneers. Doesn’t mean it will get done, but they’re working on it.

I didn't want to trade back that far anyway.  
Edited by Captain Morgan

5 minutes ago, Growl said:

if the panthers give the superior england Patriots a franchise QB then they are facing down the very real possibility of being the organization people laugh at come draft time because they overvalued some post round 1 garbage 

this is the kind of thing the media revisits repeatedly and Kyle Brandt laughs at you for every single time So and So wins a playoff game and your really promising mid round guard washes out of the league before his second contract

Oh no! The media will make fun of us? I promise you I’ll lose no sleep over what any analysts thinks lol

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I think it’ll be a mistake if we pass on Fields if he’s there but I’m not gonna freak out if we trade back or pick someone else. These are the decisions that make or break coaches/GMs. If you want job security you need a franchise qb. Rhule has until 2023 for me personally.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, davos said:

I hear you with the risk/reward but think both Darrisaw and Little have the LT gene compared to a lot of these other second tier linemen. 

I've floated around who I like the most but those two consistently played above average to top level.

Jenkins & Vera-Tucker are next in line

Then I think you have a really good crop of dudes that are RTs/Gs.  Still could have great impact, but not the types we'd just be throwing over there on the left side day 1.

If we wind up CB in the 1st with a trade down, maybe we make a trade up for the tackle we want.  It doesn't seem to be Slater at 8.

This is going to be a really fun draft this year.  Haven't been this all over the place with who we'll grab in forever.

Guys like CMC, Star, Burns, Moore we could kind of see coming.  I have no idea this year.

When it comes to OT - honestly I don't believe in the ability to play RT, but not LT. You can either play on an island in the NFL or you can't. People saying "oh he can only play RT" are basically saying "NFL DCs are going to attack him every time they want to generate pressure". 

Obviously there's exceptions to this - but those LTs who are pure erasers are few and far between. I'm also aware that you can leave the TE in to help block...

Oline play to me, once you get past the physical requirements, is all about communication and attitude. You're only as strong as your weakest link - but you're also greater than the sum of your parts if you work well together. It's why I'd sink at least two high picks into the Oline this Draft (I'd be happy to pick up two OTs, see which one wins the OT job in Training Camp and move the other one inside to OG) - just stack the room and let the grow together into a unit. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1