• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers are working hard to lay foundation for a trade back

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Oh no! The media will make fun of us? I promise you I’ll lose no sleep over what any analysts thinks lol

do you hope we get a bunch of 1 o clock games too because “that’s when football is meant to be played”

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Jaycee Horn said the Panthers have showed even more interest than the Cowboys. He said those two have shown the most interest. 

Said a little while ago in another thread that my gut is telling me Horn is our guy. I think we are looking to trade back if possible and take him. We will know soon I guess

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

When it comes to OT - honestly I don't believe in the ability to play RT, but not LT. You can either play on an island in the NFL or you can't. People saying "oh he can only play RT" are basically saying "NFL DCs are going to attack him every time they want to generate pressure". 

Obviously there's exceptions to this - but those LTs who are pure erasers are few and far between. I'm also aware that you can leave the TE in to help block...

Oline play to me, once you get past the physical requirements, is all about communication and attitude. You're only as strong as your weakest link - but you're also greater than the sum of your parts if you work well together. It's why I'd sink at least two high picks into the Oline this Draft (I'd be happy to pick up two OTs, see which one wins the OT job in Training Camp and move the other one inside to OG) - just stack the room and let the grow together into a unit. 

That's a pretty interesting perspective.  There is definitely a difference in playing either side but I do see validity in what your saying my bretheren. 

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I hope when discussing football with posters on a football forum that they can articulate their arguments and back them more convincingly than “the media will make fun of us” 

oh sorry 

I think you’re an idiot who doesn’t understand subtext

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Okay buddy

I honestly think that Greg Newsome is a better corner anyway and he's gaining a LOT of steam. I think he's a bigger threat for Farely falling to the 2nd over his back.

That's just my take anyway. Farley is enticing but the injury concerns and him being more raw than Surtain, Horn and Newsome and Kelvin Joseph make him my CB5.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Rags said:

I mean I agree. I'm not saying I'd be stoked if we take him.

But how many times have we seen NFL talent evaluators take the risk on athleticism and talent. 

His biggest concern is his back. That's getting a medical clear from what I hear. He's likely gonna be a first.

with a medical record like his in the first?  The back is a big concern.  

And he just injured it again after sitting out in 2020.    Not sure how he gets a green light while still recovering from his 2nd back surgery. 

Someone might take him early.  But I still think he has big fall potential.  All it takes is for the DB needy teams to have someone they like a little better...and for him to hit some teams that took him of their board, don’t need a DB, and don’t like the injury. 

I don’t doubt Verge.  I’m sure we are interested.   But we are a team interested in every DB because of need.  If the other teams like us go a different route he could fall. 

9 minutes ago, Rags said:

I honestly think that Greg Newsome is a better corner anyway and he's gaining a LOT of steam. I think he's a bigger threat for Farely falling to the 2nd over his back.

That's just my take anyway. Farley is enticing but the injury concerns and him being more raw than Surtain, Horn and Newsome and Kelvin Joseph make him my CB5.

Newsome isn’t as big as these guys. But he has better hip flip, better drive on the ball, and is a more fluid athlete than either of the rest of them.

Edited by Swaggasaurus

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Lotta red flags on Cam.  You folks would give all you have for an unknown with good athleticism than for a known player who was in a terrible situation.

I get it, but I think the thing to do is build around Clausen to see what he has.  Is Cam a generational talent?  They said that about Vince Young and Michael Vick.  They said it about Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf. 

I like Cam--I really do--but let's keep it between the lanes.

I edited a few names in your post to recreate a discussion that was had around here 10 years ago. Only thing you’re missing is the word character concerns for Cam and cerebral for Clausen and you’d have F150 fan Bingo.

Edited by X-Clown
  • Flames 2