• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many week 1 starters could the Panthers get this weekend?

Zod

I'll put the over/under at 2.5. CB/OT seem like they are going to be strong possibilities in the first two rounds. After that, the draft could feature players that will have an impact, but may not be considered "starters". WR and Safety are possibilities here.

Don't discount the idea of seeing Kellen Mond drafted at the top of the 3rd round (if he's there), as well.

There are a lot of good off the ball LB in this draft.  It is possible you could get a guy like Barnes from Purdue in the early 4th and he could walk in and start week 1.  I will say 3.  OT, CB/S and LB.  This is not a good draft for safety so if you want a starter you better get him in the 2nd but you could get a decent CB in the 3rd but probably not good enough to walk in and start.  

Rhule strikes me as the type of coach that has an open competition every year - unlike Fox and Rivera who favoured the veterans.

If we have as good a Draft as we did in 2020 you could easily get 3-4 immediate starters over the weekend at multiple spots - I don't think any position group is out of the question to be honest, besides perhaps RB.