• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the League: Draft Day

Mr. Scot

If the Niners aren't moving Garappolo with multiple suitors, that points even stronger toward taking a Trey Lance or Justin Fields instead of Mac Jones IMO. After Shanny's drooling over the read option yesterday and now this talk about Garappolo not being traded despite multiple suitors, I'll honestly be surprised if they pick Jones. Seems like they're interested in keeping Garappolo as a wet nurse and IMO, that points toward Trey Lance. The talk was that they were trying to decide between Lance and Jones and of the major QB prospects, Lance is most in need of a redshirt year.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

Albert Breer has called the Detroit Lions the team "most motivated to move down". That could definitely have implications for us.

Also been reported that the Falcons have had a lot of offers for the number four but the general belief seems to be that they'll stay there and either draft Kyle Pitts or a quarterback.

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Niners aren't moving Garappolo with multiple suitors, that points even stronger toward taking a Trey Lance or Justin Fields instead of Mac Jones IMO. After Shanny's drooling over the read option yesterday and now this talk about Garappolo not being traded despite multiple suitors, I'll honestly be surprised if they pick Jones. Seems like they're interested in keeping Garappolo as a wet nurse and IMO, that points toward Trey Lance. The talk was that they were trying to decide between Lance and Jones and of the major QB prospects, Lance is most in need of a redshirt year.

I agree, everyone is eating up the Mac Jones rumors. From the time they started I was convinced SF was spreading them to confuse the NYJ into taking Mac and giving SF the their choice of Wilson, Fields or Lance. 

The Pats, in particular Hoodie, have been interested in Garoppolo since about 2 days after the traded him to San Fran.  The 49ers are well aware of that. 

It also depends on how sold the 49ers are that Fields, Lance, or Jones can start and win on day one or day 21.  They are in a win-now situation, so pushing all the chips into the center of the table on somebody who has not yet stepped on an NFL field is probably not a risk they want to take.