• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pick up Moore’s 5th year

The Lobo

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No point in picking up Darnold's until we see whether or not Fields is there at #8. Weird that we drug our feet on Moore's, but whatever. It gets done as expected.

Quentin Nelson just got his picked up.  Lots of good players still haven't had theirs picked up.

I read a lot of NFL teams were moving their feet slow on it because this is the 1st offseason where the 5th-year option, if you pick it up, will be guaranteed no matter what.  It used to be guaranteed only in the event of injury.  So I think behind the scenes we were probably trying to see if we could reach a long-term contract beforehand.

• Pie 3

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No point in picking up Darnold's until we see whether or not Fields is there at #8. Weird that we drug our feet on Moore's, but whatever. It gets done as expected.

I would still pick it up, regardless of whether we take Fields or not.  It sounds like we're making Darnold the starter regardless to start the season, and if we can rehabilitate his value and move him for close to the value we traded for him, I would prefer that.