• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

S Fowler’s take Panthers had to dump Teddy Bridgewater, but will Sam Darnold really be any better?

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, BigTeddyFan said:

A fair and balanced article.

Teddy was the scapegoat this season. Sam will likely be the scapegoat next season.

The real question is how many scapegoats will it take before other organizational changes are made?

Dude, you were traded yesterday. Go make an account on the forum of your new team and leave us alone.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

If Darnold fails, and the Panthers  screwed up their chance to get a franchise QB this draft,  it’s a greater issue then the men selected to play   qB, it’s the men who put that QB in that position who are not getting the job done 

I do not see Fields dropping, the Panthers will waste a second or third round pick on Kellen Mond, Trask or the Stanford QB

One thing you've got to remember is the panthers scout team and Fitterer have a lot more access and information than we do as fans.  Just because so many fans see Fields as a sure thing apparently doesnt mean they do from their scouting.  I'm sure if they scouted him and all thought he was a surefire star then they would for sure be drafting him at 8 if he was there.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Teddy wasn't really that bad.  He just wasn't really good.  It is unfair to blame it all on Teddy.  But, he had his share of moments. I think we are seeing is that just OK, isn't going to cut it with this team for very long.  Everyone's job is at stake if they don't produce, even the QB you just signed to a large contract for 3 years.  Even the QB you just traded draft picks to get.  

They Hurney/Richardson days are gone.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

1. you either don't know what pablum means or you just admitted you're bland and boring

2. you listen to posts?

3. IGNORE ME YOU COWARD

First I’m not a coward.  I am anything but.

Second the comment wasn’t directed at you.  I’ve liked plenty of your posts. 

Third, there are a lot of bullies on this board.  They don’t matter to me.

Fourth, it really is simple if the posts are bad and bland, why waste your time   Why are you in this one. 

Finally, instead of wasting energy attacking someone personally or if you find the content bad and bland, ignore the poster.  Not sure how that is being a coward. It’s called being an adult.

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

One thing you've got to remember is the panthers scout team and Fitterer have a lot more access and information than we do as fans.  Just because so many fans see Fields as a sure thing apparently doesnt mean they do from their scouting.  I'm sure if they scouted him and all thought he was a surefire star then they would for sure be drafting him at 8 if he was there.

Yes, I’m hopeful the new GM makes a difference 

the panthers under Tepper haven’t exactly handled the QB  position well.  That’s my opinion   Others may disagree.  

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I am not smart enough to know either way but there are numerous scouts and analysts have come out know with some major concerns about fields.  

16 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yes, I’m hopeful the new GM makes a difference 

the panthers under Tepper haven’t exactly handled the QB  position well.  That’s my opinion   Others may disagree.  

I understand the grab for Bridgewater.  He did well in N.O. and had some association with Brady.  It made sense.  The contract was Hurney at his best.  I would have never offered him that much but Hurney is going to be Hurney.

Thankfully we didn't trade for Watson and give up all that draft capital.  You say Tepper hasn't handled it well.  Considering the circumstances I think we have done well.  Imagine if we hadn't have traded for Darnold.  We wouldn't have been able to trade Bridgewater and the possibility of teams moving up ahead of us to get all the QBs is very possible.  Than you are banking on a 2nd round QB that may or may not be better than Grier.

I think on Saturday evening we will have a better idea of how Fitterer and our team will look in 2021. 

• Beer 4

Stopped reading at “Teddy wasn’t that bad”. He obviously didn’t watch him play. Then made it even worse by saying “especially if you only look at the first three quarters” wtf kind of stupid logic is that?! Teddy was that bad. Stats lie and he was even worse than his stats. Completion % is the biggest red herring stat in sports. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Stopped reading at “Teddy wasn’t that bad”. He obviously didn’t watch him play. Then made it even worse by saying “especially if you only look at the first three quarters” wtf kind of stupid logic is that?! Teddy was that bad. Stats lie and he was even worse than his stats. Completion % is the biggest red herring stat in sports. 

I thought you said you stopped reading..........

• Beer 1