• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Verge's Draft Day Thread" or some such.

Verge

35 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

If he’s there at 8 and we trade out then odds are the staff don’t like Slater

At least not well enough to take him at 8.   We have no idea how their board is set up.  The same goes for Fields, they may like him but not at 8.   Just because they don't take who you want at the pick doesn't mean they don't value the player it just means that player ( in their evaluation ) is not a value at whet they are picking.  It's just that simple.  Folks need to prepare their anus's for a lot of WTF are they doing tonight. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Verge said:

I am trying not to blow up the huddle right now with Mac Jones at 8 haha. 

It's okay, the more tape you put on him, the more you like him. He is legit. I used to have a 2nd round grade on him but he has rolled into my top 25. 
College Football GIF

His name is McCorkle.... I can’t decide if I like that or hate it. Also the Saints jumping to 7 to try to get a CB makes me think they think we are getting a CB at 8. Maybe we are thinking, they are thinking, we are thinking CB, but we are thinking CB to make them think we think they think... wait I lost my train of thought. In summary, Fields to CAR at 8!

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

At least not well enough to take him at 8.   We have no idea how their board is set up.  The same goes for Fields, they may like him but not at 8.   Just because they don't take who you want at the pick doesn't mean they don't value the player it just means that player ( in their evaluation ) is not a value at whet they are picking.  It's just that simple.  Folks need to prepare their anus's for a lot of WTF are they doing tonight. 

That’s very true and personally I do like Slater but the rumor being that some teams don’t feel he can play LT and feel he’s more an OG. I imagine if we felt like he COULD play LT then we would have no problem taking him at 8. So it’s just speculation on my part but I think if we trade 8 then we are one of the teams that sees him better suited inside.

If the SF staff has convinced Shanahan to roll the dice with Lance, then floodgates are opened.

I see DET and ATL taking calls if other teams they think we'd grab him.

Then we land Sewell!

1-Lawrence

2-Wilson

3-Lance

4-Fields

5-Chase

6-Pitts

7-*trade up-Jones

8-Sewell

This would be ideal.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I just got a text message from my best source about tonight!  She said she didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight and it was on me.  

damn bro that's even worse than if we traded up for Mac Jones

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Verge said:

As suggested by a certain huddler 😛 

Here are all the things I have heard up to the build up for this week: 
-Saints have made calls to DEN, DET, and MIA to see the price on a trade up 
-If Sewell is on the board I would not expect Carolina to trade down, if he is not they will look that direction if possible
-We are high on two corners Horn/Farley 
-Lots of players are going to drop because of opt out, it will be a theme tonight 
-Elijah Moore is being underrated pretty much everywhere, his floor is 29 
-Teams like the depth of this offensive class, so there will be a run on corners early to offset that 
-Raiders may take yet another curve ball in the first round on a corner 
-I still here QB at 4. We should hope it is Fields as more teams are motivated to trade up for Lance
-Edge rusher to Giants at 11 
-There will very likely be a 6th QB in the first round (Mills/Mond/Trask) 
-Steelers top priority is getting Najee Harris
-Lions tried to trade up for JaMarr Chase, make of that what you will 
-Patriots are not going to trade up for a QB they are comfortable with Cam and Jimmy G 
-Saints love Caleb Farley and may look to jump us for him if we move back
-Justin Fields could fall farther than expected, could be deja vu for the WFT
-On the Fields note, if he does fall Chicago will be ultra aggressive in obtaining him
-If Chicago cannot trade up or trade back into the 1st for one of the big 5, I would expect them to trade down in the 1st to get Davis Mills or Kellen Mond 
-Chicago is very high on Rashod Bateman as are a few other teams in the late first 
-Minnesota loves Vera-Tucker and could look to trade up for him if needed 
-Bills love Etienne 
-Do not be surprised if Carolina is not able to trade down out if 8 if Sewell is gone that they just stick at 8 and go with Waddle or Horn/Farley
-Micah Parsons could experience a fall into the late teens 

Enjoy the draft tonight everyone! More importantly, stay safe! ❤️ 

Thanks as always, Verge!  You're the best.

So you don't think there is actually any legitimate interest in Fields from us?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

You dont have any idea the anger i would exhibit if this team took mac jones in the top 10 After just trading for darnold. You just dont. 

I'm open to anything at this point.

As I've continued to say, we essentially gave up our third round pick this year for a year (possibly two) of control for Darnold.

Some people are thinking we should spend a third round pick on Trask / Mills et al. What's the difference?

If the coaching staff think Jones is THE GUY (and his season at Alabama suggests he could be) then go for it.

Personally I think he's going #3 overall. I've no idea why there's so much noise coming out of the Santa Clara 49ers - there's no way they traded THAT much Draft capital not to know who they were taking. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1