• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Verge's Draft Day Thread" or some such.

Verge

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

I have never put anyone on ignore. I grew up believing that everyone has a voice. No matter how stupid it may be.

I am stocked and ready to go. I just can't decide when to start. Start too early, and I can sound like any other idiot. Start too late, and I won't have nearly as much fun. 

Decisions, decisions.

Start around pick five. That should give you a half hour or so.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why are we freaking out over Verge saying we are taking Jones if he is there at 8? She said the Niners are gettting him at 3.

Because there’s a chance she’s wrong about the niners and right about the panthers. And in that case, we are drafting mac Jones which the majority of the armchair GMs have determined is not a good quarterback and is a product of the system 

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

They must be sold on Darnold if they are willing to trade down if one of the QBs are there at 8. IMO you have to take the falling QB for security. 

If they're sold on Darnold, why do they need extra security? Instead of taking a QB for security, the team would be better served by taking a player that would help protect him, give him a weapon, or since they are talking up CBs, shore up the secondary.

I wonder how you guys/gals would react to this idea...

If the Panthers want to bring in competition, young competition at that, for Sam. Maybe they instead should focus draft capitol on other positions of need in the draft by trading back and maybe grabbing a young QB in the process (Gardner Minshew, Drew Lock) if a QB prospect like Lance were to fall into a teams lap. 

Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Just FYI that clip was from 2018 but it certainly still applies today. I’m sure he still wants the exact same thing. Why wouldn’t he?

It would make a lot more sense than drafting Mac Jones after failing with Garappolo. But teams make head scratching decisions every year.

9 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I wonder how you guys/gals would react to this idea...

If the Panthers want to bring in competition, young competition at that, for Sam. Maybe they instead should focus draft capitol on other positions of need in the draft by trading back and maybe grabbing a young QB in the process (Gardner Minshew, Drew Lock) if a QB prospect like Lance were to fall into a teams lap. 

Thoughts?

I think Minshew ends up in SF

• Pie 1