• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the 49ers okay?

Raleigh PF

First this is obviously bullshit but it would be the opposite of panicking. If they got Aaron Rodgers they would have a dynasty instantly. Worth a shot. They could give that + Jimmy + literally like 4 firsts and some 2nd and 3rds in there and they'd still be a dynasty with Rodgers.

• Pie 3

I mean you'd have to see it at least somewhat as cold feet on a prospect, to me them trading up in ''win now'' mode as some eluded to never made a ton of sense when you're looking at the 3rd, 4th, 5th best QB base don how you view -- Jones / Lance / Fields

It's unlikely any of these three guys could be better than Jimmy G. year one...so why not continue to invest in the team as a whole, and now those future picks are gone -- this has gotten interesting, because man if they get it wrong.....sheesh.

The Mahomes jump didn't cost this much if memory serves, and that's what the move will be compared to.

Ultimately, I think the tea leaves are reading Trey Lance after Shanny's gushing about the read option offense and running QB threat yesterday combined with the rumors that the Niners are likely to hang onto Garappolo for the time being despite multiple potential suitors. Lance is the elite QB prospect who would benefit most from not being forced to play immediately.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1