• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints might be trading ahead of us

Tbe

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

How come nobody complains about that pesky 3 game win streak when they harp on that WFT win? Are they somehow different?

Or shutting out Detroit. If Tepper wasn't so incompetent we could have scored negative points. smh

• Beer 2

23 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yes, because we still were in contention at that point and Teddy hadn't shown how horribly inept he was at that point.  At Washington, the season was over, qe were out of contention, most everyone was already over Teddy and ready to move on, and we literally had nothing to gain by winning that.

What about that LIon win? That made us 4-7. We were out of it by then. Why is it always the WFT win?

Recency bias. It was our last win. So it was a stupid win.

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

What about that LIon win? That made us 4-7. We were out of it by then. Why is it always the WFT win?

It is so embarrassing these little scrub nuts keep complaining about those wins as if they can suggest an alternative measure for professionals.

• Beer 1

Sean Payton is kind of Petty (Remember drafting Tommy Stevenson in the 7th last year cuz we wanted him as a UDFA). He would love to move up and make sure we miss out on Fields or being able to trade back and gain picks. Especially if he gains a franchise QB. Imagine Fields sitting while Winston throws his 4th Int before halftime of the season opener. Payton would walk over and say, "so that's what not to do in that situation!"

What a learning experience for a young QB.

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

No it wasn't recency bias...  I dont think we were mathematically eliminated against the Lions, and there was hope because PJ looked better.

The Washington win was absolutely pointless all the way around.  It was the latest win in the season where the outcome of the season as already cemented.  

I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this argument?  If you want to argue we shoundt have beat the Lions instead of Washington, have at it.  But, the season was over when we played Washington, against our former coach, and Rhule, as much as I like him so far, trotted Bridgewater out there who was hot garbage but just good enough to beat our former mediocre coach and his unprepared football team.

4 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

It is so embarrassing these little scrub nuts keep complaining about those wins as if they can suggest an alternative measure for professionals.

Scrub nuts?  Nice.

An alternative would've been starting Grier.  If he wins, that game is a lot more palatable and tolerable.  Going there with a proven loser who just happened to avoid just enough of his usual horrible mistakes to win a game that only hurt us cost us far more than we gained.

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Scrub nuts?  Nice.

An alternative would've been starting Grier.  If he wins, that game is a lot more palatable and tolerable.  Going there with a proven loser who just happened to avoid just enough of his usual horrible mistakes to win a game that only hurt us cost us far more than we gained.

You can follow Doug Pederson, he seems to be your type. If he ever coaches again. Complaining about a team winning is fugging embarrassing dog. Seriously, go suck on a pacifier. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Peppers90 NC said:

You can follow Doug Pederson, he seems to be your type. If he ever coaches again. Complaining about a team winning is fugging embarrassing dog. Seriously, go suck on a pacifier. 

I would give you infinity pie if I could.  Unfortunately I'm all out.  I owe you my friend. 

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Scrub nuts?  Nice.

What did we lose? We are picking at 8. We are going to get a really good player. 

Treating the win at WFT like it cost us a generational type player is funny to me. We are not going to fall off the end of the world picking at 8 instead of 4.

11 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Lol, okay.  Thanks for the discussion.  Enjoy the Falcons getting another franchise QB and the Saints stealing a franchise tackle from us because 5 wins compared to 4 separates the badasses from the pussies apparently.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find my pacifier.

• Beer 1