• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: A.Rodgers wants out of Green Bay

firefox1234

Panthers are the team to watch for Rodgers

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports Aaron Rodgers "could be traded this weekend." 

Florio's report is via a "source with knowledge of dynamics." Meanwhile, FOX's Jay Glazer reports he believes Rodgers is "strongly convicted that he doesn’t want to go back to Packers." ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rodgers' unhappiness is "about way more than a new contract." The Packers are predictably putting on a brave public face and insisting Rodgers will remain with the team for 2021. Piecing together past hour of reports, it would appear the sides were engaged in rocky extension talks that have since broken down, seemingly all the way down. If Rodgers is truly available as early as this weekend, it greatly complicates the 49ers' plans at No. 3 overall, while the Panthers are another obvious possibility. This story seems to have jet fuel behind it, so we should learn more as Thursday rolls on. 

1 minute ago, Ja Rhule said:

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports Aaron Rodgers "could be traded this weekend." 

Florio's report is via a "source with knowledge of dynamics." Meanwhile, FOX's Jay Glazer reports he believes Rodgers is "strongly convicted that he doesn’t want to go back to Packers." ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rodgers' unhappiness is "about way more than a new contract." The Packers are predictably putting on a brave public face and insisting Rodgers will remain with the team for 2021. Piecing together past hour of reports, it would appear the sides were engaged in rocky extension talks that have since broken down, seemingly all the way down. If Rodgers is truly available as early as this weekend, it greatly complicates the 49ers' plans at No. 3 overall, while the Panthers are another obvious possibility. This story seems to have jet fuel behind it, so we should learn more as Thursday rolls on. 

Wow that escalated rather quickly

Just now, stbugs said:

No chance that’s enough. Watson’s ask rate was 4 firsts to start. The 3rd best QB and a couple 2nds for a HOFer?

Problem is that SF already threw in too much to move from 12 to 3 and they can’t get it back.

I think Rodgers is doing it for the paycheck. He’s a complete dick, but I’d take him here in a heartbeat even if we probably don’t have the capital to make it happen either.

AR is 37.  Tom Brady be damned he is going to drop off sooner than later so 3 high picks (one top 3) is a lot.  Maybe thrown in a player but AR trade value is no where close to Watson. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

How much gas does he still have in his tank? 

Not ten to fifteen years worth.

At least when we were discussing Watson, you were talking about a young, long-term solution. Granted that went to hell, but at least there was some logic to it.

With Rodgers, you're talking about a rebuilding team giving up assets significant enough to make the rebuild a lot harder in exchange for a guy that's only going to be around for maybe five years if you're lucky.

Not on board at all...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

If the God's smiled on us, and we somehow landed Aaron Freakin Rodgers we would be Super Bowl contenders NEXT YEAR!!

Just now, joemac said:

Well considering he just won the NFL MVP award last year, I would say a good amount?

Fair enough.

2nd question...how coachable is he? I have a lot of concern about him in that regard. Seems like he's earned the reputation as a prima donna. He just seems like a prick.  

• Beer 1

Why wouldn't Green Bay just go ahead and trade him, they have Jordan Love.

I don't want to give up anything for him. Too old.

Aaron Rodgers in Joe Brady's offense with Cmac and our receivers (+ a TE who might catch a few passes). WoW! I think that would really speed up the rebuild! He shouldn't cost as much as Watson because of his age, but if he can give us as many years as we give up 1st round picks. I'd be happy I think.