• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General 1st Round Draft Discussion

The Huddler

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Back when I used to do cognitive assessment for the NFL Concussion Settlement, I used to hear all kinds of fun juicy tidbits from former players. Not typically draft related, but largely about players who were impressing coaches/trainers in offsite personal training sessions, or about players not so productive extracurricular activities.   The thing is, people who have access to this information typically are not spreading it around on social media. Respect and trust is a two-way street. 
    • Not sure if I was reading tea leaves or hearing what I wanted to hear, but when she said that she and Orlovsky were watching and both repeated--"there is no separation" and then she referred to the digression of the OL--that should give us hope for Young.  Then she mentioned that his WR did not come back for the ball during a route (Shenault)---broke his confidence--not in himself, but in his WRs.   Now, take into account that our TEs underperformed and both backs averaged well under 4.0 yards per carry.  Neither were that good at catching passes out of the backfield, and Chubba is not good in pass protection.  As I said last year---nobody could have been successful under those conditions.   Do not expect Thielen to have the year in 2024 that he had in 2023.  However, she noted that Johnson gets open, but referred to him as the ideal #2.   She said that whoever we get, they will get better separation than what we had last season. HOWEVER, if you read the criticisms about Legette and a few others in this draft, they are not that strong out of breaks despite sub 4.4 40 times.  We need a solid route runner, and if we have to play Johnson at the X, so be it, for a season. 
    • Most of what I read were concerns about his size in relation to durability. I probably read “if Bryce was 6’2” he be the perfect prospect” several times. Arm seemed to be mentioned as “good enough” by most.  Hey if he busts maybe we overcorrect and draft a 6’8” QB with an absolute cannon?