• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

Not exciting but if you think about it, it's the sensical pick.

1. Covers the biggest hole on our team 

2. Chance of finding a competent day 1 starter at cb after the first round was not very good.

3. Get our choice of the top player at the position rather than whatever is leftover.

4. Our 2nd biggest need, tackle, has a ton of depth in this draft and we had just missed out on the 1 clear elite LT prospect with question marks about Slater being a better fit at guard. Much more likely we find a starter in the 2nd round and consider switching Moton to LT.

5. With Denver taking a cb and Dallas with a huge need at cb, if we really honed in on Horn, trading back probably wasn't going to work (not to mention, given how long we took to make the pick, I bet we tried but the offers were paltry).

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

I'd be okay with it if Fields was taken already and was gone.  But this is very underwhelming.  In the long run it'll likely be worthwhile since our CB depth is thin and our 2 best corners have 1 year contracts left, but it's hard to get excited about it right now.  

Time to drink 

Edited by PandaMan

1 minute ago, Ace420 said:

Yea that is what gets me. This FO must really believe in Sam Darnold... im going to be pissed if feilds turns into a great qb and we passed on him for sam darnold. 

Darnold was viewed as an elite prospect for a reason and I'd imagine he's viewed at below Zach Wilson and Lawrence, but above the others.

I'll stick with them until they start really screwing up but can't assume anything right now.  Gonna be a shut down defense.

+Fox DE/DT, Perryman OLB, Reddick DE/LB, Horn CB, Bouye CB.  This defense is stacked and the offense is needing some OLs and maybe a playmaker.  We've got 7 more picks.

• Poo 1

Just now, amcoolio said:

CB is very thin this draft, offensive line is very deep

I would have preferred Slater but obviously they believe that the 2nd round talent is up to par

If it wasn't LT, I would be completely fine with it.   If it wasn't a gaping hole on this team for the last like almost 10 years I wouldn't mind.   I mean here we are, we just have to hope this guy is a beast but Darnold may not make it a season.