• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

Wanted our pick from Sewell, Fields, and Horn...  so I'm not mad at the pick, although its a bit underwhelming for where we were.  It would look a lot better if we could've found a partner to trade back a few picks, but then again, Denver took Surtain at 8, so he probably wouldn't have been there if we moved back.

So, if we just got a Revis for the next 10+ years, we just made a great pick.  I just really hope they are right on Darnold, but after their belief in Bridgewater, color me concerned.

• Pie 3

I mentioned on here this morning that based on Snows comments awhile ago and the way trade down talk that Horn was our guy. Saints were also looking to potentially move up and Horn may well have been their target. Whether Darnold pans out or not is yet to be determined but we for damn sure will have an elite defense in the Carolinas again in the coming years. An entire draft of defenders last year and starting the draft this year with the top rated CB. I wanted Sewell, but I don't hate this pick. Especially in a division that is absolutely loaded at WR and a roster very thin a CB.

• Pie 5

Just now, RumHam said:

You see his size? Surtain is small. We now have someone who can match up with thomas, julio, and evans

Surtain isn't exactly small. Horn has the better athletic profile, the pedigree, and matches up well with NFL receivers. Especially Julio.