• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Love you Verge but I am salty as fug with taking Horn there.  I should be a gentleman but hard right now.

It's alright bro, take it in pace. Horn is a good pick, believe me, he grades a little lower than Ramsay. Our secondary is awesome now! 

jE68U9.jpg

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Haven’t had a legit secondary in a long time either.

A legit secondary doesn't win anything.  Elite lines and elite QBs do.  The rest of it is window dressing.  CB is a complimentary pick for a team that is already loaded and needs a push to take the next step.  It should never be a #8 pick for team that is rebuilding. What a total waste.

• The D 1

The thing that really sucks is that Marty put us in this position with signing Shaq and letting bradberry walk. We needed a corner desperately with the receivers in the NFCS. I think Horn is gonna be a baller and some of y’all will eat crow just as far as him as a player. The only thing that will make this sting is if fields becomes a franchise qb. Because that position trumps every other position. 

• Pie 1

Fans think Horn is going to come in and lock receivers down like Dion Sanders. LOL. It's 2021. Your CBs only look decent if you're passing game and pass rush are on point. Otherwise you're in for hell on Earth watching your #8 pick CB get roasted in the 4th.

Edited by pantherj

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

He was going to Dallas if we traded back.

I think some of this is I wanted Surtain and feel like we wasted a season to get a mediocre cornerback, but I don’t bat 1.000 and hope this dude comes in and kicks ass.

Realistically, neither corner (or most any corner) is going to do that as a rookie. I was hoping for a trade down as soon as Sewell fell. But since we wanted Horn so bad, we got him. 

Just now, TheRumGone said:

The thing that really sucks is that Marty put us in this position with signing Shaq and letting bradberry walk. We needed a corner desperately with the receivers in the NFCS. I think Horn is gonna be a baller and some of y’all will eat crow just as far as him as a player. The only thing that will make this sting is if fields becomes a franchise qb. Because that position trumps every other position. 

Don’t get me wrong, I hope Horn does a great job. I’m just not convinced he will and I get the feeling this will set us back. 

I just sit on my ass on the sofa and watch games, so WTF do I know. I'm not a draft guru or player evaluation expert. If they think he is what they need, then so be it. I'm sure they realize that the Oline needs work. They still have the whole draft left to address it.

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

god that has 2000s Browns written all over it. I hope this guy comes in and does well. If he can be Bradberry-like, great. Anything less and Fitterer is already on my bad side 

I sincerely hope that is GM-speak and he wasn't #1 on our board. I hope he meant "at the time."