• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

1 minute ago, BIGH2001 said:

A legit secondary doesn't win anything.  Elite lines and elite QBs do.  The rest of it is window dressing.  CB is a complimentary pick for a team that is already loaded and needs a push to take the next step.  It should never be a #8 pick for team that is rebuilding. What a total waste.

This is right. Just a total nonsense pick.

• The D 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

The thing that really sucks is that Marty put us in this position with signing Shaq and letting bradberry walk. We needed a corner desperately with the receivers in the NFCS. I think Horn is gonna be a baller and some of y’all will eat crow just as far as him as a player. The only thing that will make this sting is if fields becomes a franchise qb. Because that position trumps every other position. 

Yea its the same morons who said that BB sucked too lol. You're right though we should have had BB still.

1 minute ago, Verge said:

It's alright bro, take it in pace. Horn is a good pick, believe me, he grades a little lower than Ramsay. Our secondary is awesome now! 

jE68U9.jpg

Horn's upside is better.  Still a bit raw.  And he played with his back to the ball a lot, which suggests that we will press more--meaning no more Pride 20 yard cushions.  Sub 4.4 and rarely falls for a ball fake.  Less S help needed.  It may have been our biggest need, but nobody realized it.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I sincerely hope that is GM-speak and he wasn't #1 on our board. I hope he meant "at the time."

They literally always say that though....Horn is a legit and sick af but they literally always say the player we take is the highest on the board.

Like link me one of our interviews where we go...yup I mean he was the 3rd best player on the board at the time but just went bahhh fug it

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

A legit secondary doesn't win anything.  Elite lines and elite QBs do.  The rest of it is window dressing.  CB is a complimentary pick for a team that is already loaded and needs a push to take the next step.  It should never be a #8 pick for team that is rebuilding. What a total waste.

I see what you are saying, but our staff must legitimately see Darnold as above Mac and Fields. So they already had the best option available for QB. The GM from Seattle knows how to build a secondary and what they can do for a defense. Let’s just see what happens.

1 minute ago, Verge said:

It's alright bro, take it in pace. Horn is a good pick, believe me, he grades a little lower than Ramsay. Our secondary is awesome now! 

jE68U9.jpg

So I thought Fitty could go CB but with size.  I cannot see Horn being that player.  He had a lot of PI penalties.  He was a good player with upside but CB1?  Jeez this guy is risky.  Why was he the main target?  Don't get it.  Totally concerned with the eval.

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope he's Darelle Revis 2.0  but this is a hideously stupid pick.

Surtain was available... someone please tell me why we didn't pick him? Was he not rated as the best corner in the draft? He is from NFL bloodline too!! And his dad was a corner NOT a WR! WTF Panthers? Someone please tell me that other annalists thought Horn was better than Surtain. I watched Surtain play, the kid can ball... I didn't see Horn play I have to admit, either way, how does this make sense??