• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

1 minute ago, CRA said:

He wasn’t great  in 2019.  So we can agree there? 

so that brings us to 2020.   Gamecocks allowed 40 points per game.   40.  A lot of his individual numbers were simply aided by the Gamecocks being so bad....teams just didn’t bother with him.  Not out of fear as much as the Gamecocks couldn’t stop anything.   So why even bother with the best of a horrible bunch.   And he still showed a lot of same inconsistencies in 2020 when he did show up. 

Ramsey isn’t the niche DB Horn is.  Horn is great at that niche.  I give him that.   And he has great physical skill set.   I give him that too.   I also like how he goes up to contest balls.  I give him that.  

But he wasn’t a great DB IMO.  In zone? Off man?   He wasn’t great.   We play far more zone than man.  Which is why I don’t like the pick at 8.   Given the options.

We’re moving to more press. 

P good interview from long before the draft with Patrick Peterson and Bryant McFadden talking to this kid. Gives an insight on what makes this guy tick and why both these proven corners already saw him going top10. Jaycee also has his own youtube channel with his prep going into proday and pre-draft stuff if yall are interested. We won't know how good he actually is until we play him but it's exciting and better than being glum i guess. 

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Certain WRs as in the only ones he faced? You really have no clue... He played 30 games and only ONE WR has over 50 yards. It was the best WR in college and he had 60 yards. You may be upset with the pick, but stats don’t lie.

I love your positive on this but that was a major reach.  Hope I am wrong.

Feels like someone wanted to look clever or smarter than everyone else.  Disturbing to me

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We picked the best corner in the draft. Horn was the highest rated. Surtain is big but he is a bit slow for his position. He is going to struggle against fast twitch receivers. Horn was the most athletic corner in the draft and one of the best tacklers as well.

Yeah, I've done a little more digging into this and it does seem like most annalists in the know thought horn had way more athleticism and up side. I'm not feeling so bad about this now, I just didn't know. This kid could end up being a big play maker. Him and Chinn together could be a deadly secondary... this may end up being a super good pick! 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Maybe.  But we ain’t got the bodies to run a lot of press man right now.  

my reaction to the pick is what we are now. 

Dude, your reaction is typical Clempsun bs. Just because JC played at USC you claim he is not any good. He was the highest rated CB coming in. Just go with it, and maybe do some homework. And not go off your bias.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Watch any SC game last year.  This guy was pretty much invisible.  No impact.  None.  Again, our new GM doesn’t understand impact on winning...not sure anyone does.

Isn’t that what you want from your corner...

• Pie 1

Watch any SC game last year.  This guy was pretty much invisible.  No impact.  None.  Again, our new GM doesn’t understand impact on winning...not sure anyone does.

That’s because no one threw his way.  Except Auburn, who had Seth Williams at WR.  Horn embarrassed him.

thats not a bad thing as a CB.

if your CB is getting their name called often, it's usually a bad thing.

• Beer 1