• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

It was a great pick.  It fills a HUGE need.  It makes our pass rush better.  It makes us move DJax inside to nickel where he will be very good.  This defense is going to be realllllly good.  

At first I was a lil disappointed thinking we need OL help or get Sam another weapon in D.Smuth, but we got the best CB on the board in this draft and now can focus in OL and other areas.

Its crazy funny reading our opponents message boards thoughts to our pick.  A lot of haha look at panties get a CB, scared of Pitts.  Scared of TBs and NOs weapons.

Well yes, now we have Chinn and Horn to match up with those weapons and its only round 1.  

Overall, a great pick bc it was a HUGE need but it also counters our division opponents weapons that we will face.  

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Watch any SC game last year.  This guy os pretty much invisible.  No impact.  None.  Again, our new GM doesn’t understand impact on winning...not sure anyone does.

How many of his games did you actually watch last year? JC is a top rated CB. We needed one, we got one. Yea us.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Watch any SC game last year.  This guy was pretty much invisible.  No impact.  None.  Again, our new GM doesn’t understand impact on winning...not sure anyone does.

A CB is invisible bc he's not being thrown at and no impact?  Look at the numbers of the WRs he covered.   LOCK DOWN.

I'm a UNC fan who despise SC but this guy is a stud and I'm glad we got him instead of someone else in our diviision.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

How many of his games did you actually watch last year? JC is a top rated CB. We needed one, we got one. Yea us.

He was amazingly average...I think he will be very average and be a league leader in penalties.  At 8 he is not an impact player.

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

The QB folks are mad we didn't take a QB.

The OT folks are mad we didn't take an OT.

The rest of us are happy we got one of the best CB on the board. At a position, in our Division, of extreme need.

But man, this thread was gold. Gold I tell ya.

Best cb on the board

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

• Poo 1

Here's my take.

Considering the circumstances, this is disappointing.

We had a chance to maximize value and we chose not to. Maybe I'm making a poor and wrong assumption but someone had to be willing to come up and get Fields right? We could have really filled all our gaps with a trade down, gotten Farley, who probaly is just as good as Horn. While also picking up additional assets to fill the numerous holes we have. 

Im sure Horn will be solid and wish him the best for our sake. But we now have to pray we land a LT, WR, and S when we could of had more picks to find those.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Dude, your reaction is typical Clempsun bs. Just because JC played at USC you claim he is not any good. He was the highest rated CB coming in. Just go with it, and maybe do some homework. And not go off your bias.

I’ve loved every Gamecock we have acquired in the past.   And defended many of them vs the huddle mob.   I’m a Panther fan.  I don’t give a poo where players come from.  I hate Ohio St.  I lobbied for Fields. .    

I watch a poo ton of Gameock football.  I married one.   My family packs into Willy B on Saturdays.  I even catch some when the games are suppose to be decent because I just like football.  

Not liking Horn at 8 given the options...has little to do with his uniform in college.   I can tell you Gamecocks right now that aren’t even talked about....that are going to be good players coming up shortly.  Pending they stay. 

3 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I was really wanting Sewell and we came close but getting a much needed ,top notch CB like Jaycee Horn was not all that bad.

There should be some good offensive lineman we can draft in the 2nd Rd that will complement our 1st Rd pick.

Top notch? Lol.  This is quite possibly the dumbest first round pick in franchise history not named Biakabutuka or Vernon Butler.

Edited by BIGH2001

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He was amazingly average...I think he will be very average and be a league leader in penalties.  At 8 he is not an impact player.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’ve loved every Gamecock we have acquired in the past.   And defended many of them vs the huddle mob.   I’m a Panther fan.  I don’t give a poo where players come from.  I hate Ohio St.  I lobbied for Fields. .    

I watch a poo ton of Gameock football.  I married one.   My family packs into Willy B on Saturdays.  I even catch some when the games are suppose to be decent because I just like football.  

Not liking Horn at 8 given the options...has little to do with his uniform in college.   I can tell you Gamecocks right now that aren’t even talked about....that are going to be good players coming up shortly.  Pending they stay. 

You both have your biases. I respect it. But I don't have the energy to argue your lack of evaluation ability.

We needed CB, and we got one of the best. Sorry you cannot be happy.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

You both have your biases. I respect it. But I don't have the energy to argue your lack of evaluation ability.

We needed CB, and we got one of the best. Sorry you cannot be happy.

How much Gamecock football have you watched of late?

Gamecocks fans have been blowing up my phone that aren’t Panther fans...laughing at Horn at 8.  Not liking him at 8 isn’t outlandish.