• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

6 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I was really wanting Sewell and we came close but getting a much needed ,top notch CB like Jaycee Horn was not all that bad.

There should be some good offensive lineman we can draft in the 2nd Rd that will complement our 1st Rd pick.

Yeah, take JC was a start. We still have 7 picks. This is going to be guuud.

Folks raging like the draft is over, and all we got was JC. Man, I love this joint.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Picking a CB shouldn't be all that surprising. Last year, Panthers were having a hard time deciding between Derrick Brown and CJ Henderson. So CB has always been a position panthers were looking to fill over the past couple of drafts. 

Horn grades higher than Henderson for sure.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

How much Gamecock football have you watched of late?

I've watched every game. Jaycee Horn is the best pure CB to come through Columbia. He shuts down an entire side of the field. Can cover speed, height, strength, and can tackle and blitz. There is not a weak part of his game and that's why he was the first defensive player selected. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Maybe.  But we ain’t got the bodies to run a lot of press man right now.  

my reaction to the pick is what we are now. 

What we are now is not what this staff wants us to be. All that soft zone was because like you said we lack the bodies to run press man. Horn is the start of changing that. I think people need to look at big picture stuff with the clues that this staff has given us

I am still kind of bummed about fields. I wanted him over Horn. But these are the decisions that make or break coaching staffs. So we’ll see what happens.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

based on what? your decades of expertise?your butthurt emotions?

Based on our need to field a competent offensive line to protect our average at best QB. Based on the high likelihood that this guy is a bust.  This is a top 10 pick, not pick 30 for a team coming off a deep playoff run. CBs aren't taking anyone to the super bowl.  Football games are won in the trenches and with a star QB play. Something we don't seem to understand based on our complete aversion to fielding an O-line that is worth a poo.  The one year or two that we have done it in the last decade it was merely by chance.

Edited by BIGH2001

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

How much Gamecock football have you watched of late?

Every  game for as long as I can remember. 

JC was a great pickup. We still have 7 picks. I am happy with how this started. Let's hope they can ride the wave all the way to Sunday.

• Beer 1