• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

I'm honestly not surprised by our choice. If one thing I have noticed is just how little people on here, know what Rhule is about. Obviously he has a say in who is being drafted. Rhule, is not a HC who desires a spread offense. He is all about defense, and ground and pound football. He is not much different than Riverboat Ron. 

Go take a look at his time in Temple. This is what he does and wants. At Baylor, he had to change his game plan, as all the high school teams in Texas ( obviously where most of his recruits come from) run more from spread RPO offenses. I think Surtain, would have been the better pick at 8, but hey, it's what he wants. They were never going to pick a QB with the pick anyways. All a smokescreen to get a desperate team, to trade up. But when "Jones" didn't go #3, no one wanted to move up anymore and Chicago was too far down to get what they wanted. Many of the fans better go and look and learn, Rhule is an old school coach with an old school mentality. Which, by history, has been a championship mentality. Next year, we will welcome Sam Howell as our "franchise" QB.

3 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Yea sure because he has a flawless record when it comes to the draft. The last QB he selected was Brady in the 6th I guess. Lets forget all of the draft busts he has selected since. 

I think the last quarterback he drafted was Garoppolo.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

They are already call him a bust before he even suits up.  

Who said Horn sucks? You guys are such gluttons for this sort of attention it’s nauseating. I don’t like the pick, but will be damned to say he isn’t worthy of it.

Main reason I stay off this god damned forum

I like the selection of CB Jaycee Horn because one of his strengths is being able to matchup against bigger receivers in the NFL because of his size.

He also has the speed and feet to match routes well with those great receivers in the conference. I can definitely understand the thought process behind the pick.

41 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Micah Parsons better stick to his day job. I give him credit for being a good football player but public speaking will not be his strong suit. 🙂

Between the lady that announced the pick and Parsons giddiness about being drafted to the Cowboys, I got an earful.

And yes, she'll be watching the draft with me again tonight 😕

• Pie 1

Aints fans not happy with our pick that we took from them 🤣

"Joe Horn prob wanted his son to play here too."

"Joe Horn didn't look happy when his son was selected from the video shot of them. I'm sure he is still happy his son was drafted, but probably wanted him to go to the Saints."

"I’d rather not know this info... it makes it suck even worse to know the Saints wanted him, but the Panties got him."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1