• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horn already labeled a Day 1 Starter by the Panthers

Zod

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

31st in the NFL in getting off the field on 3rd down.

What were the Panthers in games decided by a touchdown or less?

Or, what were the Panthers in last drives to end the game within a single score. I recall about 8 games that could have played differently.

1 minute ago, Lemon said:

What were the Panthers in games decided by a touchdown or less?

Or, what were the Panthers in last drives to end the game within a single score. I recall about 8 games that could have played differently.

Invalid point--, if you give the opponents 2 more possessions per game because you can't get off the field, and the average possession is 2 points, then that is 4 points by not getting off the field. If the Panthers had eliminated this problem, they would have won 4 more games---regardless of what the offense did nor did not do.

• Pie 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

Invalid point--, if you give the opponents 2 more possessions per game because you can't get off the field, and the average possession is 2 points, then that is 4 points by not getting off the field. If the Panthers had eliminated this problem, they would have won 4 more games---regardless of what the offense did nor did not do.

Bears.

Just now, Snake said:

Yeah it was a good pick but unless I didn't see something skipping over Fields was a huge mistake. They really must be sold on being able to fix Darnald.

The problem is that the pick kind of makes me feel like they're throwing Sam even further under the bus.

Reasoning is Sam had a good LT, and arguable okay offensive line last year, from what I've seen. This year he's going to have question marks all over the line. If they really wanted Sam why not take the tackle? We can always push the idea until tomorrow, but that's the idea that the Panthers stumble into a LT tomorrow feels far too hopeful (coming from the years of waiting for a LT to fall to Carolina for Cam).

Building a defense isn't going to help Sam Darnold. Not when he's getting blindsided.

In a odd way I feel like the Panthers aren't sold on Darnold, and really are just trying to pick the safest player they think was on their board.

7 minutes ago, Lemon said:

The problem is that the pick kind of makes me feel like they're throwing Sam even further under the bus.

Reasoning is Sam had a good LT, and arguable okay offensive line last year, from what I've seen. This year he's going to have question marks all over the line. If they really wanted Sam why not take the tackle? We can always push the idea until tomorrow, but that's the idea that the Panthers stumble into a LT tomorrow feels far too hopeful (coming from the years of waiting for a LT to fall to Carolina for Cam).

Building a defense isn't going to help Sam Darnold. Not when he's getting blindsided.

In a odd way I feel like the Panthers aren't sold on Darnold, and really are just trying to pick the safest player they think was on their board.

there are still 6 more rounds to go.... This is a very deep o-line class.  Your argument could expire in less than 24hours.

Edited by TheCasillas