• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horn already labeled a Day 1 Starter by the Panthers

Zod

Just now, TheCasillas said:

there are still 6 more rounds to go.... This is a very deep o-line class. 

No you're right it is, but man it's going to be trade up city tomorrow, and the top of them are going to get scooped.

For Sam's sake I hope they work on some form of a trade just to insure that whoever they're targeting tomorrow makes it to us. Otherwise we need to seriously think about trade options for established players.

We're stuck with Sam now, and we really need to give him a offensive line.

No troll, hate me all you want (whomever), but this is a necessity. We can't do what we did with Cam and have no-names, defensive tackles, and UDFAs protect Sam.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Lemon said:

No you're right it is, but man it's going to be trade up city tomorrow, and the top of them are going to get scooped.

For Sam's sake I hope they work on some form of a trade just to insure that whoever they're targeting tomorrow makes it to us. Otherwise we need to seriously think about trade options for established players.

We're stuck with Sam now, and we really need to give him a offensive line.

No troll, hate me all you want (whomever), but this is a necessity. We can't do what we did with Cam and have no-names, defensive tackles, and UDFAs protect Sam.

I want the panthers to draft OL + WR tomrorow. I would be happy with OL+OL We need to setup Sam for success.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, saX man said:

I'm anxiously awaiting our presser on this decision between Fields, Slater, Jones, Horn, & Surtain

They were already asked about Fields at least...

https://twitter.com/DNewtonespn/status/1387949953528614918

To those that wonder why the Panthers didn't draft Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields to compete with Sam Darnold, and instead selected South Carolina cornerback Jaycee Horn, here's what coach Matt Rhule said: "We brought Sam here for a reason. We’re excited to see what he can do. We traded for him because we believe his potential.'' In other words, they feel Darnold is better than Fields and Horn can help more.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

They were already asked about Fields...

To those that wonder why the Panthers didn't draft Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields to compete with Sam Darnold, and instead selected South Carolina cornerback Jaycee Horn, here's what coach Matt Rhule said: "We brought Sam here for a reason. We’re excited to see what he can do. We traded for him because we believe his potential.'' In other words, they feel Darnold is better than Fields and Horn can help more.

If that's true why not find a tackle for him though? They're really hanging Sam out to dry.

Also, all eggs in one basket it is then.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

They were already asked about Fields...

Just watched some Horn stuff on YouTube...there is something special about this kid!!!

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

We do still have seven picks left.

Oh I know, but you and me both know that it's going to get harder and harder to find the talent.

I don't want to think of this like a Cam re-run, but this feels like what we did to Cam. Took too many luxury (arguable because we're lacking protection for the most important position on the field) picks instead of trying to build the offensive line.

I just think they've really placed themselves into a corner (no pun intended). I hope they have some trade in mind for an established LT, if that's even a possibility.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Some ppl don't remember this fact..

Some people will likely blame Teddy for this too lol. I’m not a Teddy fan. I had faint hope when we signed him but he sucked and I’m glad he’s gone. But I always used to roll my eyes at teams that just kept drafting QBs over and over and over (Browns, Jets, Redskins etc) because that just isn’t how you team build. 

I think a lot of posters would ignore ever issue with the roster chasing that QB for two decades and wonder why things never changed. If you want to help a QB, give him a loaded roster. Give him a defense, an Oline, a running game. Jets might just ruin another QB all over again because they just keep taking the next prospect every few years without ever building their roster and plugging the holes.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

If that's true why not find a tackle for him though? They're really hanging Sam out to dry.

Also, all eggs in one basket it is then.

Damm dude, you do know there is more draft to go? Right?

We may have taken Sewel, we may never know. There are a few LTs still left that may be able to help us out as well. 

You are obsessing about something that has yet to happen. Man, that has got to get nerve wracking.

Poing being. We may yet take a LT. And folks will claim he was the wrong one and we screwed up again.