• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule on Jaycee Horn - Why he is the best fit

Zod

4 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Huddle logic.

Panthers getting torched need a #1 CB.

Panthers pick best CB with highest ceiling and intangibles that can't be taught (wingspan, height, length)

Huddle:

RhUlE GoNnA Be OuT oF ThE LeAgUe In 3 YeArS!

lol Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

Well, you generally expect a top 10 player to be a dominant college player. Horn wasn’t. 

not just be a good athlete who you think you can groom into a great football player. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't think it was Tepper.

It's unfortunate Matt Rhule's time in Carolina will be remembered for how gutless he was when it came to filling the most important position in sports. I think he has one more year until the paper's start coming for Tepper as the losing seasons pile up, after which we'll see some new faces and hit reset yet again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

Yes it does. 

No. It absolutely does not and if you think it does then you are ignorant about how this process works. They have a board of players they think are talented and they have a set of needs. Falcons drafting a TE at #4 did not translate us taking a CB at #8 that wont even be covering the TE they took at #4 lol

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I figured as much when we used up all the clock, but if he was our top prospect on the board, it worked out bc if we hadn't taken him, I think the Broncos would have.

Reports say they had offers but Fitterer didn't like them as much as he liked Horn.

• Pie 1

I think what's gotten most huddlers upset is not necessarily picking Horn but picking Horn over Fields and Slater who were still available. CB is also a big need for the panthers for many years that has gone neglected, we've thrown so many late round picks at CB with out success. I guess Fitterer and Rhule feel that the OL depth is much better in rounds 2-4, I don't believe Seattle has ever drafted an O-linemen. This Horn pick does tell me that Rhule favors athleticism in his players, ie. Brown, Chinn, Gross-matos. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, t96 said:

This can only happen if Fields winds up not being a franchise QB. If he's a franchise QB (which there's a pretty damn solid chance of) then even if Horn becomes the best CB in the league it would've been dumb to pass up Fields. 

No it also depends on Darnold. If Darnold is a legit QB then it's irrelevant what Fields does

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, you generally expect a top 10 player to be a dominant college player. Horn wasn’t. 

not just be a good athlete who you think you can groom into a great football player. 

Don't worry, Mr. Rhule will sure coach him up, just like he's going to do with Sam.

Yikes.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reports say they had offers but Fitterer didn't like them as much as he liked Horn.

Not mad at it at all.  As I stated all day, Horn was a top 3 guy for me, and with how the picks shook out, he was 1st or 2nd at the time we picked.  And considering what the Hawks did at CB while Fitt was there, I 100% believe in his evaluation and selection of this pick.  He checks all the boxes for a shutdown corner.