• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Take QB out of the equation

AU-panther

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

It's also a fact that Gase and the Jets are trash and have nowhere near our offense. When Tannehill got away from Gase he "magically" looks like a real QB. That's what teams were looking at and have been talking about.

That’s true, but we’re are putting our faith in how bad gase is as a hc and how bad the jets are as and organization, more than the potential we’ve seen from darnold 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Guess we can dispense with the dumbass narrative that Darnold was just a fallback in case we couldn't get someone better, huh?

I never had that narrative but we offered something good for Stafford and who knows what for DW...did it ever come out if we offered 3 1sts?

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Guess we can dispense with the dumbass narrative that Darnold was just a fallback in case we couldn't get someone better, huh?

We tried to trade with Miami, and tried trading for Mathew Stafford. It's not really dumb, more of a fact.

Now that Sam is the only option we need an offensive line badly to keep him from seeing whatever ghosts he has.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

That’s true, but we’re are putting our faith in how bad gase is as a hc and how bad the jets are as and organization, more than the potential we’ve seen from darnold 

Well our coaching staff seems to actually develop talent so they are also banking that they can develop him.

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

But hell yea if DW turns out to not be a super creep then you trade for him still regardless of if Darnold turns out to not blow ass. DW is far superior to anythign Darnold is going to be don't think anyone would argue that.

Yeah but we’d have darnold for cheaper than dw I’d assume, I don’t see darnold getting paid what dw at this rate but anything is possible 

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No you're hedging your bet that this coaching can develop a player with better god giving talent then the 4th or 5th QB in this draft.. Plain and simple 

Yeah hence why I said the same thing with Teddy, we’ve seen this fail once, granted Teddy isn’t the athlete etc darnold is, and doesn’t have the potential darnold does, Real risky business for first time owner and coach. 

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah but we’d have darnold for cheaper than dw I’d assume, I don’t see darnold getting paid what dw at this rate but anything is possible 

He'd just run out of his contract by then. DW is likely done for this whole year but if after that it turns out he is innocent or somehow not as bad as the worst of the claims are then it would time out pretty well actually

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Well our coaching staff seems to actually develop talent so they are also banking that they can develop him.

They do, but like Teddy last year, sometimes it doesn’t work out, I don’t think anyone believes the coaching staff didn’t put Teddy in the best position, week in and out, he’s just what he’s been all along a mediocre qb 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I never had that narrative but we offered something good for Stafford and who knows what for DW...did it ever come out if we offered 3 1sts?

You didn't, but several did.

As to Watson, it never got to the stage of us making an offer because the Texans never started listening to them.

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

He'd just run out of his contract by then. DW is likely done for this whole year but if after that it turns out he is innocent or somehow not as bad as the worst of the claims are then it would time out pretty well actually

As bad as it sounds, even if he loses some claims, depending the severity, I still think tepper would be interested. If we have a backup plan all this is moot, and I’m on board for it 

7 minutes ago, Lemon said:

We tried to trade with Miami, and tried trading for Mathew Stafford. It's not really dumb, more of a fact.

Now that Sam is the only option we need an offensive line badly to keep him from seeing whatever ghosts he has.

Yeah idk why that’s even being discussed, he was clearly not the first option, unless the jets weren’t willing to trade him at the time we were interested in Stafford 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's just hope we find a guy to protect his blindside or we might be picking 1st next year.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No you're hedging your bet that this coaching can develop a player with better god giving talent then the 4th or 5th QB in this draft.. Plain and simple 

Your backup plan is you still got assets to get a QB next year or be in better shape to get a vet like Watson or even Rodgers next year..

It's going to be hard to develop a QB that sees ghosts with a poor offensive line.

• Poo 1