• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grading the Panthers first-round pick of Jaycee Horn

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Why? Because I think that finding a solid LT tomorrow is a very real possibility?

There has been talk for months how this draft has solid LT talent even into the 3rd round. Is there some reason to believe we are incapable of drafting one?

What if, heaven forbid, Rhule actually believes he has enough talent to field a solid Offensive line. And we don't draft one at all?

We added a top shelf talent. If we continue to do so, we are going to be alright.

If we believe that we have enough talent to field a solid offensive line, I really just question the ability of Rhule to ever make the transition to being a winning NFL coach. It was pretty obvious how bad they were most of the year, even when they were being bailed out by a scheme that largely took the pressure off of them.

Also, Fitterer literally said in the post pick press conference they had multiple offers to trade down that they passed on to take Horn. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If we believe that we have enough talent to field a solid offensive line, I really just question the ability of Rhule to ever make the transition to being a winning NFL coach. It was pretty obvious how bad they were most of the year, even when they were being bailed out by a scheme that largely took the pressure off of them.

Also, Fitterer literally said in the post pick press conference they had multiple offers to trade down that they passed on to take Horn. 

Use my hypothetical scenario to question Rhules' ability. lol That doesn't seem fair.

Why does it seem far fetched they had Horn #2 behind Sewel? We need CB, and Horn is one of the best. And there is LT talent still on the board. It is easier, this year, to get solid Oline play, than a top flight CB.

We still have time to address the Oline. Patience Grasshopper.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Why does it seem far fetched they had Horn #2 behind Sewel? We need CB, and Horn is one of the best. And there is LT talent still on the board. It is easier, this year, to get solid Oline play, than a top flight CB.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Use my hypothetical scenario to question Rhules' ability. lol That doesn't seem fair.

I would say that is pretty far fetched considering needs and talent. I would be pretty shocked if we weren't the extreme outlier in that opinion. The question remains whether that is a genius opinion or an idiot opinion. We'll know by about year 3-4 of Horn's career, most likely.

The LT pool was very limited in this draft class. It's a lot of future RT's and OG's. Which, we definitely need IOL anyway but continuing to field JAGS on the line will not bode well for future success. 

I would have personally selected Slater or Fields over Horn. Either potentially address much bigger needs on the roster. I also don't think Horn is necessarily a better prospect than Surtain. 

Our roster has needs at just about every position but I hope we don't continue to believe we can just sign low end free agents and turn them over every offseason. This is one of the worst OL groups I can recall us ever fielding, especially when you consider the depth.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would say that is pretty far fetched considering needs and talent. I would be pretty shocked if we weren't the extreme outlier in that opinion. The question remains whether that is a genius opinion or an idiot opinion. We'll know by about year 3-4 of Horn's career, most likely.

The LT pool was very limited in this draft class. It's a lot of future RT's and OG's. Which, we definitely need IOL anyway but continuing to field JAGS on the line will not bode well for future success. 

I would have personally selected Slater or Fields over Horn. Either potentially address much bigger needs on the roster. I also don't think Horn is necessarily a better prospect than Surtain. 

Our roster has needs at just about every position but I hope we don't continue to believe we can just sign low end free agents and turn them over every offseason. This is one of the worst OL groups I can recall us ever fielding, especially when you consider the depth.

I'm sorry, but, I don't believe anything you wrote is true. I think you are off on all of it. But it's late, and I don't feel like looking up our roster, checking on LTs left in the draft (Which I believe there is.) and you even underrate the FAs. 

So check your inbox tomorrow, cuz it will have a scathing retort waiting on you.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I'm sorry, but, I don't believe anything you wrote is true. I think you are off on all of it. But it's late, and I don't feel like looking up our roster, checking on LTs left in the draft (Which I believe there is.) and you even underrate the FAs. 

So check your inbox tomorrow, cuz it will have a scathing retort waiting on you.

Yeah, based on what you were saying, I am not very surprised that you aren't that familiar with our roster or the moves we made in this offseason.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, based on what you were saying, I am not very surprised that you aren't that familiar with our roster or the moves we made in this offseason.

Do you have every player we signed at you fingertips? And their salaries?

That's twice you have intimidated that my knowledge is lacking. Fool me once and all that.

I'm done with you. Good day sir.

3 hours ago, Carolina Panthers said:

rssImage-f9d16369433c4762965dc4cb5cd5cad4.jpeg

Read what the national media said about Carolina's first round on Thursday.

View the full article on Panthers.com

These writers barely know the Panthers more or less what we are looking for in a player.  Therefore, just like the whiners on this forum.  They think Fields was a better option.  Obviously, Rhule and Fitterer don't agree. 

We have a QB, regardless of what others think of his play, he's going to be given the chance to make this team win.  Fields has too many question marks and his potential to be a bust is equal or greater than Darnold's chance to bust here.  

Horn is a stud just like Surtain.  I think Horn fits our defensive plans better.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Do you have every player we signed at you fingertips? And their salaries?

That's twice you have intimidated that my knowledge is lacking. Fool me once and all that.

I'm done with you. Good day sir.

I mean, it was technically night time.

5 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

They didn't reach for a QB with bad throwing mechanics. Then drafted the best press CB in the draft.

Damm good first day for our new GM.

Second best CB in the draft.

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not sure you are aware how rare finding a good NFL LT is. 

According to Jordan Gross the job of a NFL LT is to lose slowly. It is far to skewed to the advantage of the defense. Best you can hope for is not to lose immediately apparently. 

• Beer 1