• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Round Pick Grade

kungfoodude

#8 pick  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Number 8 overall pick grade

Solid B. 

Was a huge position of need and he is arguable one of the best DBs in the draft. 

The downside is I feel like this was a weak DB class. Guys like Horn and Surtain are probably mid to late first rounders imo. He isn’t anywhere near the prospect of a Jalen Ramsey or Patrick Peterson.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Solid B. 

Was a huge position of need and he is arguable one of the best DBs in the draft. 

The downside is I feel like this was a weak DB class. Guys like Horn and Surtain are probably mid to late first rounders imo. He isn’t anywhere near the prospect of a Jalen Ramsey or Patrick Peterson.

If the guy you want is there, you take him. He was not going to be there at 39,

And like you said, any CB you did take at 39 is not going to come close to Horn.

There is still Oline help in the 2nd. We should be ok.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Solid B. 

He worked out with Jalen Ramsey and Ramsey says he legit.  

Good Enough for me.  A+

• Pie 1

Obviously we have a glaring hole at LT.

but our CB has been about just as bad.  Plus we play in the toughest division in football as far as WR Matchup (Godwin, Evans, Julio, Ridley, Pitts, Michael Thomas)

Horn is a STUD.  An athletic freak, who also comes from good blood lines.  He’s a straight dawg mentality type guy.  Huge impact guy day 1.

Heck, multiple all-pro CBs in this league have said this dude is the best defensive player in this entire draft and a star in the making

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

Solid B. 

We picked a bad draft to draft for need. I have a hard time believing he was BPA at -#8.  Ultimately this pick will be judged on how Darnold does and how Fields transitions to the NFL

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, klumme said:

Not a sexy pick at all.. In fact a boring ass pick. But when you pick the best CB in the draft and CB is a huge need that is gonna be a good pick. He was most likely gone in the next two picks anyway, so the value was fine. 

A

how is a top level CB a boring pick? I've seen this a lot from people who wanted someone else, but a pick is one of the more "jump out of your seat" exciting plays in the the game and a pick-6 is just that much sweeter. even if you don't get a pick, locking down the receivers so that the front 7 can get a sack is almost as good. fast, aggressive defense is sexy as hell. bonerific.

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

how is a top level CB a boring pick? I've seen this a lot from people who wanted someone else, but a pick is one of the more "jump out of your seat" exciting plays in the the game and a pick-6 is just that much sweeter. even if you don't get a pick, locking down the receivers so that the front 7 can get a sack is almost as good. fast, aggressive defense is sexy as hell. bonerific.

Yeah, CB isn't a boring pick, IMO.