• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have to go tackle in the second round, right?

NAS

31 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The FA OL signings also left a lot to be desired. I just get the feeling their mentality about OL is that you can throw together a unit from JAGS and make do. We are in year two of doing exactly that. 

But....still lots of draft left to prove me wrong.

I tend to agree with this. I believe that their philosophy is that they can get a tough group of guys and coach them up to beat teams with grit and scheme. Rhule is a defensive minded coach and it should not surprise anyone when he leans towards the defensive side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

I tend to agree with this. I believe that their philosophy is that they can get a tough group of guys and coach them up to beat teams with grit and scheme. Rhule is a defensive minded coach and it should not surprise anyone when he leans towards the defensive side of the ball.

Yeah, that works in college....not the NFL. I hope they are at least aware enough eventually to realize that.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It seems like we’re hellbent on keeping him on the right. Fwiw I think teven can play LT 

They could also get somebody like Eichenberg.

I've only seen one second day mock so far today. It had us taking Jenkins.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

They could also get somebody like Eichenberg.

I've only seen one second day mark so far today. It had us taking Jenkins.

Teven is a freak of nature. Would love him here regardless of LT or RT. If he can only play RT we don’t have to sign moton long term and we can use that money elsewhere, specifically on the line.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Teven is a freak of nature. Would love him here regardless of LT or RT. If he can only play RT we don’t have to sign moton long term and we can use that money elsewhere, specifically on the line.

For what it's worth, we have a lot of cap space next year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For what it's worth, we have a lot of cap space next year.

It will get used up by moton, dj and a couple others. Take out moton if we have a player on a rookie contract and there are moves we can make on established vet olineman. I’m trying to look at moves from a big picture perspective.

Fans want immediate success. I get it this franchise sucks right now and has since 2018. But it looks like we’re putting ourselves in good positions to build this team up. Qb is the only thing I’m seriously concerned about going forward. Passing over fields for horn might bite us in the ass majorly. Not because Horn is gonna bust it’s just positional value and franchise qbs are so damn hard to find. Harder then lineman imo.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

It will get used up by moton, dj and a couple others. Take out moton if we have a player on a rookie contract and there are moves we can make on established vet olineman. I’m trying to look at moves from a big picture perspective.

Fans want immediate success. I get it this franchise sucks right now and has since 2018. But it looks like we’re putting ourselves in good positions to build this team up. Qb is the only thing I’m seriously concerned about going forward. Passing over fields for horn might bite us in the ass majorly. Not because Horn is gonna bust it’s just positional value and franchise qbs are so damn hard to find. Harder then lineman imo.

I've said before that I see this as year one of the rebuild rather than year two. That hasn't changed for me.

It's also possible that if we shore up other positions this year, we could be in a good spot to use our 2022 top pick to find a left tackle.

Trevon Moehrig is the best safety in the draft and fell out of the first. Projects as a pure free safety with ball production, wouldn't be a reach at 39. Rhule etc were at his Pro Day. 

They were also at the NDSU Pro Day and Dillon Radunz impressed there. I'm fine with either player. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, Michael G said:

Here is a link to an article that compares Liam Eichenberg's Proday testing to other Top Prospects from previous years. This comes from a Notere Dame fan site so take the comments with a grain of salt, but I like the numbers.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-nfl-draft-liam-eichenberg-answers-questions

I like Eichenberg, Radunz, and Jenkins in R2--I think Mayfield or W. Little and we are reaching a bit.

My fear is that several of the teams ahead of us, who just drafted a franchise qb will want to protect him now, and there'll be a run on OT. 

• Beer 1

You shouldn't draft for need but we just took a corner at 8 after last years draft was focused entirely on the defense. We are now hinging our season on a reclamation project behind center. Uh you kind of need to do your best to protect that investment and Greg Little and a bunch of jags isn't it.

• Pie 2

Just now, frankw said:

You shouldn't draft for need but we just took a corner at 8 after last years draft was focused entirely on the defense. We are now hinging our season on a reclamation project behind center. Uh you kind of need to do your best to protect that investment and Greg Little and a bunch of jags isn't it.

Its infuriating.