• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper wanted Fields. Let his guys make the football decisions

Zod

Just now, Zod said:

They overachieved early last season and looked pretty darn good with little talent. 

Now inject CMC, a marginally better QB maybe, and a much improved defense. This could be a winning season. That isn't far fetched. 

I don't see any urgency to win. Last year Hurney got the blame, this year I don't have much rope. It wasn't the D that failed as the year went on. Feels like a repeat at this point. They need to really do well the next 3 picks.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 3

4 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

LOL! What a dumb, impatient take! It’s their first year together. 

Lol. I don't care. I'm not their boss. If they ignore massive larger needs then that's on them. Fact is we haven't done much winning yet under Tepper and Fritters is Rhules GM, doesn't matter how long he has been here, he gets filed under Rhule.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I don't see any urgency to win. Last year Hurney got the blame, this year I don't have much rope. It wasn't the D that failed as the year went on. Feels like a repeat at this point. They need to really do well the next 3 picks.

Hurney and Tepper’s urgency to win is what got us into this mess after year 1.

When Rhule took over everyone and their dog knew the first 2 years were going to be building years.

Yesterday’s pick of Horn was a fantastic sign that Rhule is finally being allowed to build his way. This is sadly kind of year 1 almost. 

• Pie 3

48 minutes ago, Zod said:

Tepper wanted Justin Fields for business reasons. Instant injection of excitement and jersey sales. Ticket and concession sales galore. Tepper.is a money guy, and Fields is where the money was. 

Apparently, football reasons trump money reasons in this franchise. Having a true shutdown corner won't sell many jerseys or beers initially, but in the long run may contribute to a winning franchise.  

Sources? Or you’re just speculating?

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Hurney and Tepper’s urgency to win is what got us into this mess after year 1.

When Rhule took over everyone and their dog knew the first 2 years were going to be building years.

Yesterday’s pick of Horn was a fantastic sign that Rhule is finally being allowed to build his way. This is sadly kind of year 1 almost. 

I don't know that I can blame the urgency on Tepper. You definitely get mixed signals. I honestly think Rhule has more of a "win now" mentality than maybe Tepper does. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it was the wrong decision to take Horns over Fields(or Slater). Very glad Tepper didn't meddle. VERY glad.

Now I can understand anyone who is upset that we didn’t take Fields if Fields was their guy. That I can get.

I’m not even going to lie, Horn was my guy and he is who I wanted but when Fields was (to my surprise) still on the board at 8... even I wanted to take a shot. And I love Horn.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1