• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper wanted Fields. Let his guys make the football decisions

Zod

24 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Fields made little sense once we got Darnold. For me it was between LT and CB. The best LT was gone but the best CB was there. It wasn't a tough decision once we couldn't get Sewell and no one wanted to give us a bunch to trade down. I'm glad the football folks won this debate. Even if Fields is great he wasn't a great pick for us at this point. 

I will say that one of the best two CBs was there. Surtain may or may not turn out to be the best in this class.

49 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Very good sign if Tepper deferred to the football guys.  Don't exactly agree with the pick as I thought Fields should have been picked. But Tepper is letting them make the decisions.  

Yeah good or bad. I have no doubt though if Fields turns out to be a top 10 QB it will be a considerable ding on our HC and GM. Probably will make Tepper more active in decisions as well.

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Fields made little sense once we got Darnold. For me it was between LT and CB. The best LT was gone but the best CB was there. It wasn't a tough decision once we couldn't get Sewell and no one wanted to give us a bunch to trade down. I'm glad the football folks won this debate. Even if Fields is great he wasn't a great pick for us at this point. 

Yeah I think giving up what we did and if Fields comes in and out plays him kinda makes the entire staff look bad. So we took a player that had zero effect on that.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it was the wrong decision to take Horns over Fields(or Slater). Very glad Tepper didn't meddle. VERY glad.

It's the correct way for an owner to behave. Next comes the accountability step.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1