• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper wanted Fields. Let his guys make the football decisions

Zod

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, I think it is fair speculation.....that a lot of people in the Carolina organization wanted Fields to be the pick. 

Verge said a lot of people were very high on him in the building.  Which backs up what was said during the live broadcast while they were on the clock by Daniel Jeremiah about what folks inside Carolina had told him. 

I think it came down to the Fritter's vote having the biggest say.  Which is how it generally works.  Lot of times the HC or OC or whoever....doesn't get who they want.    Who wanted what only comes out when poo hits the fan though. 

Verge's actual quote was that there were people in the building who were very high on Fields, but that Fitterer and Rhule were not among those people.

Looks like that was true.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer said he was the top player on their board at the time. So no, I don't think he was their top player overall.

The Bears have already said that Andy Dalton is their starter.

yeah but that coaching staff is on the hottest hot seat. Fields will play this year. 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Verge's actual quote was that there were people in the building who were very high on Fields, but that Fitterer and Rhule were not among those people.

Looks like that was true.

Yeah, I would expect it likely came from the Joe Brady wing of the organization and Tepper wing.   

I said coming in I was worried about Fitterer overvaluing DBs that high in the draft. 

2 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

God, you’re a whiny baby. Whose alt are you?

Cornerback WAS a massive need, and they filled it with arguably the best CB in this draft. 

Some of you have deluded yourselves into believing that you have some type of actual talent at player evaluation. You don’t. 

You hit some basement keyboard warriors right in their dinner table guts with that one. 

Also translated to if Darnold doesn't work out and Fields does this front office is toast lol

Good that we have a owner who does this though. GIves his opinion but then lets the footballers decide. It's like we have adults int he room now.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I will say that one of the best two CBs was there. Surtain may or may not turn out to be the best in this class.

We won't know for a few years.

I will say that Pitts Moss'd Surtain and thought Horn was a harder match-up in College, so there is that.

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, I would expect it likely came from the Joe Brady wing of the organization and Tepper wing.   

I said coming in I was worried about Fitterer overvaluing DBs that high in the draft. 

I don't think he did though.  A lot of people felt before the draft that the quality of DBs dropped off immensely after the 1st round, especially compared to OL and WR (so for example, if you needed both a CB and a WR, it makes more sense to go CB in the 1st and WR in the 2nd).  Probably a big reason why you saw 5 drafted in the 1st round.  Also why the Saints were trying to trade up, because they knew they would miss out on one.

Horn went about where he should have gone (top 15).  

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In what's basically the first year of a rebuild, you really shouldn't.

I think Rhule is a fantastic coach and I'm desperate for him to succeed - but even I can't write off last year as a gimmie.

This is year 2 and he should be judged as such. 

• Pie 1