• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper wanted Fields. Let his guys make the football decisions

Zod

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

In what's basically the first year of a rebuild, you really shouldn't.

Nope, 2nd year that so far looks a lot like the first year. We hired a GM that came in to be an expert where Rhule wanted, no reset there. Repeating last year with his GM would be very bad. 

Saying this year is year 1 of a rebuild is like saying Hurney is responsible for the year he was rehired. It's just not true on any level.

28 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Our staff that hasn't had an off season or played a single game together yet...? Lol ok... 

Glad you can copy and paste other posters while retaining zero comprehension. Ohh, and last year did happen but keep huffing that paint man

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Nope, 2nd year that so far looks a lot like the first year. We hired a GM that came in to be an expert where Rhule wanted, no reset there. Repeating last year with his GM would be very bad. 

Saying this year is year 1 of a rebuild is like saying Hurney is responsible for the year he was rehired. It's just not true on any level.

Not the same situation. Hurney was hired after all the offseason work was already done.

Responsibility for this season belongs totally to Fitterer (and Rhule, of course).

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

yeah but that coaching staff is on the hottest hot seat. Fields will play this year. 

Perez and Nagy have essentially tied themselves to Fields. Their jobs ride on them showing they are developing him. He's got to play and probably will sooner than he should. 

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Perez and Nagy have essentially tied themselves to Fields. Their jobs ride on them showing they are developing him. He's got to play and probably will sooner than he should. 

That's not a good situation to bring a young quarterback into.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He didn't.

This is inside info, not a press release.

I figured it wasn't a press release and if this is true, I hope Tepper is not dumb enough to ever say this to a reporter.  Shame on whoever leaked this and especially to someone that runs an internet forum.  Talk about a quick way to kill a new QBs confidence.  

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Glad you can copy and paste other posters while retaining zero comprehension. Ohh, and last year did happen but keep huffing that paint man

you think i read 7 pages of comments? I saw your dumb comment on page 1 and replied. Ah yes, I forget Fitterer was here last year. i can't tell if you're being dense purposely just to doom and gloom or you really can't see the big picture here

5 hours ago, Zod said:

Tepper wanted Justin Fields for business reasons. Instant injection of excitement and jersey sales. Ticket and concession sales galore. Tepper.is a money guy, and Fields is where the money was. 

Apparently, football reasons trump money reasons in this franchise. Having a true shutdown corner won't sell many jerseys or beers initially, but in the long run may contribute to a winning franchise.  

I think it will sell plenty of beers when the third QB in a row including cam gets demolished behind Swiss cheese oline.

With how inept this team is building the oline they need more than one pick at this point.

I’m not sure why when cam left no one seems to think oline is as much of a problem anymore.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not the same situation. Hurney was hired after all the offseason work was already done.

Responsibility for this season belongs totally to Fitterer (and Rhule, of course).

Has it even been confirmed Fritts isn't under Rhule? It was his choice for GM.

This is year 2 anyway you look at it and it looks a lot like year one so far with some new twists from Fritts. Biggest difference is contract handling, Hurney's specialty lol. 

Edited by Waldo

Just now, Waldo said:

Has it even been confirmed Fritts isn't under Rhule? It was his choice for GM.

This is year 2 anyway you look at it and it looks a lot like year one so far with some new tests from Fritts. Biggest difference is contract handling, Hurney's specialty lol. 

Rhule has final say on the roster but he's not acting like Belichick about it.

As part of one of his press conference answers yesterday, he talked about the evaluation process and indicated that Fitterer was pretty much in charge on that side of things.

5 hours ago, Waldo said:

QBs win games and CBs help make good Ds. It's the right call by Tepper but it's also time to put this staff on the clock. Start winning or get better people.

Sorry, its year two of seven. He aint dumping anyone until bare minimum year five