• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Friday Draft Discussion - Rounds 2-3

Zod

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

BPA OL is what I would do in the 2nd and 3rd. 

I want at least 3 OL out of this draft.

You have to, I mean the fuse is lit now.  You cannot roll Darnold out there as things stand right now.  And I doubt a 2nd round Left tackle is going to move the needle very much at this point. 

Once I get over this hangover I am going to finish what I started last night in going through the top left tackles in the league and seeing where they were drafted.  So far its well over 80% in the first round.  I am not liking our chances of finding a stud at 39.  And I still think we are trading back.  fug me why didnt we go slater?  If we were going to reach might as well have been for a LT.  I truly do not understand this poo

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

You have to, I mean the fuse is lit now.  You cannot roll Darnold out there as things stand right now.  And I doubt a 2nd Left tackle is going to move the needle very much at this point. 

Once I get over this hangover I am going to finish what I started last night in going through the top left tackles in the league and seeing where they were drafted.  So far its well over 80% in the first round.  I am not liking our chances of finding a stud at 39.  And I still think we are trading back.  fug me why didnt we go slater?  If we were going to reach might as well have been for a LT.  I truly do not understand this poo

You and me both. Slater will, at worst, be a very high level IOL, IMO. 

If we don't bolster this OL in the rest of the draft, I don't see much hope for Darnold.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You and me both. Slater will, at worst, be a very high level IOL, IMO. 

If we don't bolster this OL in the rest of the draft, I don't see much hope for Darnold.

As I sit here reading the articles/draft profiles about both Horn and Slater all I can do is simply shake my head.  I feel exactly like I did a year ago and thinking "this poo again, we never fuging learn".  At some goddamn point we have to draft a fuging lineman in the first round.  This is insanity.  How the fug can you think about putting together a playoff team without an offensive line.  I have watched football for 40 years and this concept hasnt changed one bit in that timeframe.  What am I missing that this team is seeing?

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

As I sit here reading the articles/draft profiles about both Horn and Slater all I can do is simply shake my head.  I feel exactly like I did a year ago and thinking "this poo again, we never fuging learn".  At some goddamn point we have to draft a fuging lineman in the first round.  This is insanity.  How the fug can you think about putting together a playoff team without an offensive line.  I have watched football for 40 years and this concept has changed one bit in that timeframe.  What am I missing that this team is seeing?

I don't get it either. If we neglect it this draft, I just will not understand it. The FA moves were so bad on the OL too. We are on a whole new set of owner/GM/coach and getting the same results. I don't know how to explain it.

Maybe they surprise us and go OL heavy the rest of the draft. I hope so.

Cosmi or Spencer Brown. They may trade back, thinking they can get Brown later. Both are outstanding athletes with technical issues, but our staff is supposed to be great at teaching, so we'll see.

We may also pick Meinerz at 39 (if he's still on the board) particularly given his ability to play G or C.

If we go S or LB, or even DL here, it won't be the end of the world. Plenty of good OL prospects in round 3. Would be difficult to pass on Jevon Holland or Onwuzurike here, since those positions drop precipitously in talent later on.

1 hour ago, woahfraze said:

Teven Jenkins.  I know his pass pro. isn't quite on the level as his run blocking, but oooeee, he is a road-grading mauler that plays with a mean streak in the run game. I know that might "sound" like a RT and not a LT, but I don't think he's incapable of playing on the left. Also, he's got to be better than who we have currently over there.  Obviously it would be nice for the team to give Moton a shot over at LT, where many feel he could also thrive.  But I don't think the Moton or the team have interest in screwing up a good thing, and he'll stay over on the right and continue to lock it down.  

Also, having Jenkins is insurance in case they can't reach an extension agreement with Moton.  If Moton leaves and Jenkins is better suited to RT, we can slide him over.

This. If we're giving Moton the butt load of cash he wants, prove that he can play LT. Jenkins would be a plug and play RT.