• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Friday Draft Discussion - Rounds 2-3

Zod

There are 6 picks before we pick.  I feel certain that the following will be drafted before 2.7: 

Let's say they go like this

• Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoaha LB
  • Elijiah Moore, WR
  • Trevon Moehrig S
  • Teven Jenkins OT
  • Terrance Marshall WR
  • Christian Barmore DT

If Moore, Moehrig, or Jenkins fall, I say we draft them.

We could trade back and get a T who could start, or a S, or a WR:

Sam Cosmi, T*

Walker Little, T

Liam Eichenberg, T

Landon Dickerson, C*

Wyatt Davis G*

Creed Humprey C*

Jaylen Mayfield T

Dillion Radunz T

Round 3

Spencer Brown T

Josh Meyers C

Brady Christensen T

Personally, I think we trade UP for Cosmi or Jenkins.

51 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

And we still have not tried Moton on the left side since RR left.

It appears Moton does not want to change positions and the current regime is good with that.  That's the only thing I can think of with the situation.  Now if he is wanting LT money to stay at RT then someone has to compromise.

• Beer 1

Obviously if an LT is close to BPA that's the smart pick. But what if there is a run on OTs, and Owusu is sitting there as the clear BPA? I say we grab the guy with star potential even if the positional need is less, as it's not like we are just a player or 2 away from a SB.

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You have to, I mean the fuse is lit now.  You cannot roll Darnold out there as things stand right now.  And I doubt a 2nd round Left tackle is going to move the needle very much at this point. 

Once I get over this hangover I am going to finish what I started last night in going through the top left tackles in the league and seeing where they were drafted.  So far its well over 80% in the first round.  I am not liking our chances of finding a stud at 39.  And I still think we are trading back.  fug me why didnt we go slater?  If we were going to reach might as well have been for a LT.  I truly do not understand this poo

Historical statistics really mean nothing if you aren't betting on odds. These are college players and we need a potential left tackle in the draft. If you think Rhule and Fitterer are great talent evaluators then we are good. If they suck, it doesn't matter the odds. We only need one and he can surely be the exception to the rule. Who cares as long as we get our guy.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It appears Moton does not want to change positions and the current regime is good with that.  That's the only thing I can think of with the situation.  Now if he is wanting LT money to stay at RT then someone has to compromise.

There really isn't much difference for top guys. You need a great left and right tackle or teams simply line up their best rusher over your weakest tackle.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, woahfraze said:

Teven Jenkins.  I know his pass pro. isn't quite on the level as his run blocking, but oooeee, he is a road-grading mauler that plays with a mean streak in the run game. I know that might "sound" like a RT and not a LT, but I don't think he's incapable of playing on the left. Also, he's got to be better than who we have currently over there.  Obviously it would be nice for the team to give Moton a shot over at LT, where many feel he could also thrive.  But I don't think the Moton or the team have interest in screwing up a good thing, and he'll stay over on the right and continue to lock it down.  

Also, having Jenkins is insurance in case they can't reach an extension agreement with Moton.  If Moton leaves and Jenkins is better suited to RT, we can slide him over.

Interesting question here - IF Jenkins and Elijah Moore are both there, will they really pass on Moore's upside plus the chance he gives you the chance to save money down the road that could be spent on Watson if his legal issues somehow become no big deal?