• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Friday Draft Discussion - Rounds 2-3

Zod

5 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I went back and looked at the players remaining in this draft. I don't like Moehrig anymore and I don't think he'll go high in the second round.

Based on what's available and what we need I think we'll draft Teven Jenkins with our second pick.

He is not a LT on the NFL level.   He is a road grading right tackle.  great at run blocking

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He is not a LT on the NFL level.   He is a road grading right tackle.  great at run blocking

We could move Moton to LT, and put Teven at RT. Not ideal but we passed on Slater, so we need some kind of plan. Unless we're going to give Little another try at LT.

Round 2 guys I like....

Teven Jenkins, Sam Cosmi, Dylan Radunz, Wyatt Davis, Creed Humphrey, Elijah Moore, Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah

Round 3 guys if there.....

Spencer Brown, Jalen Mayfield, Trey Smith, Quinn Meinerz, Landon Dickerson, Jevon Holland, Richie Grant, Rondale Moore, Kelvin Joseph

Andre Cisco is a beast. I'm hoping he can fall into the 3rd round to us. If the TCU safety is still there take him in the 2nd and take Cisco in the 3rd and we know have one of the best young secondaries in the league. Cisco is super underrated in many mocks going into day 3 in many. Which is absurd. Torn ACL last year in 3rd pregame. He isn't big but is a ball hawk. 

Across his collegiate career, Cisco logged totals of 136 tackles, 2.0 tackles for loss, 13 interceptions, 14 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery. Had he played all of 2020, Cisco would have been a three-year starter as a true junior. That’s not something many Power Five players can boast.

Edited by Missouri Cat Fan
  • Pie 1

44 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Maybe a RG, tbh.  But I am guessing the Moton to LT is just not happening, yet Moton wants to be paid like an elite tackle-try him at LT if you are not going to draft one.

As much as I wanted a LT, however, I get the CB1 move. I did a threat about analytics, and the numbers showed us all why we were losing.

We seem to be adopting the "defense wins championships" theme.  Today will tell a lot

11 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I like the RB from UNC, Javonte Williams, with our 2nd round pick. Him with CMC could become a new double trouble. So, with that said, the likely pick will be a kicker or punter who plays more like a dog. Go Panthers!

I feel I can get a bigger crowd on board with raging against a pick if we draft a RB at the top of the 2nd than I did last night...