• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Friday Draft Discussion - Rounds 2-3

Zod

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

How much of Senior Bowl week did you watch? No guarantees but he looked fantastic in the practices and got a lot of kudos. There were quite a few OL that a bunch of us draft guys loved in here from the 2019 Senior Bowl. We took Little over some of those studs and we fuged up big time. I hope this isn’t like that.

Yes, I read the practice reports. Looking good is better than looking bad, but it doesn't mean much in an exhibition game and the practices leading up to it. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Do you just assume everything the team does is perfect? We’re you saying wouldn’t have traded up for Little if we didn’t think he was good too?

We’ve signed a lot of shitty free agents the past few years. Love the commitment but that doesn’t mean they are good. Neither of them has been a quality OL in their entire career. They’ve been bad to ok. That’s it’s.

Considering the talent available and the state of our current OL, not hope but actual performance, we absolutely should have gone all in on OL. We drafted 7 defensive players last year, drafting 3 OL after trading down to get extra picks isn't some crazy idea in a draft that was deep at WR, CB and OL.

Of course they wouldn't have traded up if they didn't think Little was good. They were clearly wrong.

There was no way they were going to try to replace the guys they just signed to multi-year deals before they ever took a snap for the team. It makes no sense. It's just as silly as all these people that were hoping for a QB after the Darnold trade. Was never, ever going to happen.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

What a douche. How much do know about Tremble besides the last hour?  Not sh!t.

Struck a nerve on that one? I watched several Notre Dame games this year. Honestly I would like to see a guy on day 2 show more passing game prowess, but the tools are there. Not my favorite pick, but I am definitely not going to meltdown over failing to take some D3 interior lineman over Tremble because I watched 15 minutes of him on Youtube. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

SMH. That’s the type of thinking that got us Little instead of taking an IOL like Erik McCoy who is now anchoring the center of NO’s much better than ours OL. McCoy looked great at both as did others and all of them are starting OL unlike Little.

Some of us in here watch all the combine drills, not just the tape measure stuff, and the Senior Bowl. It’s not a lot of time, but it really does give you an apples to apples look at the prospects.

lol

The Senior Bowl is a valuable tool for teams, but not especially so. The Combine drills are mostly useless unless a guy looks really bad. If that stuff was definitive, the teams wouldn't waste their time watching actual game tape. Neither of those things comes close to exceeding the value of how a player looks in a real game. 

Just now, stbugs said:

Some people are so smitten by the thought that teams are perfect and those of us who are just fans can’t possibly be correct over the “pros” on the team. I was wrong about the 2nd round trade downs as I like the Marshall pick and the OL I liked were still there in the late 3rd. That said I do not like the trade down from 89 and not stockpiling OL where we truly need more talent. Continuing to sign dollar store and injured OL vets and hoping they magically play better isn’t working.

You're making up a narrative that doesn't exist. 

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Struck a nerve on that one? I watched several Notre Dame games this year. Honestly I would like to see a guy on day 2 show more passing game prowess, but the tools are there. Not my favorite pick, but I am definitely not going to meltdown over failing to take some D3 interior lineman over Tremble because I watched 15 minutes of him on Youtube. 

Nope, just returning the friendly fire.  I watched a couple games, lol.  Wooooooo. Dude, I watch clips of prospects from December through April.