• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Double dip SEC CB's, select Tyson Campbell in round 2

Zod

I personally wouldn't do it...but I could see the logic if you had a bonafide starter on the board tonight. On defense in today's NFL you cannot have too many pash rushers or DEFENSIVE BACKS.  If we took a corner in the 2nd round and he turned out to be as good as Chris Gamble or Josh Norman for the next 4-5 seasons it would be a good move. I don't think we have a sure thing there though so I'd address another need. We are in position to get a solid LT early in the 2nd round.

1 minute ago, Scott12345 said:

Would love more and better DBs than we have...but got to get OL

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable/_/position/ot

The top 3 OL left are ranked among the top 40 players on the draft board according to ESPN. We pick at 39. We should be able to get one of these guys without reaching for a player. I'm gonna post the top defensive backs a little later.

Moehrig is my ideal pick from here. I was in the Sewell, let’s get a LT camp (though I do love Horn and expected him to be the pick for the last week or so). But even with some quality OL still available, Moehrig I expected to be taken last night and is really the final piece to our defensive puzzle on paper. An insanely fast ballhawking secondary combined with our insanely fast pass rush could honestly make this defense lethal. 

It is still Carolina football after all. The Panthers and having an elite defense just belong together. And I think this defense is set up to be incredible for many years to come. Hoping for Moehrig now.

1 hour ago, FattyFatFat said:

Plot twist: we draft Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

Pre-Draft Analysis

Owusu-Koramoah is an instinctive, agile and fast weakside linebacker who always seems to be around the ball. He's fluid, smooth and fast in coverage. He flashes the ability to pressure quarterbacks with his closing burst and suddenness. -- Steve Muench

According to ESPN, he's the highest rated player still on the board. They have him at #12 overall. He's considered to be a 3 down player so he isn't a liability in the passing game. We need playmakers at every level of the defense. We really don't have an impact guy in our LB core.

I would prefer a LT in round 2, but if this guy could play I wouldn't jump out of a window.  He would make the defense better from day 1.

Edited by SCO96