• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in round 2?

Verge

19 minutes ago, Verge said:

Not really, no. 

Hey Verge, you have more insight than I do lol but I just have this gut instinct that Carolina is not done with the QB position this off-season, whether is via draft or trade. I know we just got Darnold but part of me thinks they want some competition, or atleast, an upgrade to the back-up position who could develop into a decent starter... 

Now do I think Carolina will actually pull the trigger in the 2nd? Probably not but as stated in another thread, wasn't there late 1st round/early 2nd round grades on Mills? I could be mistaken.

Edited by methodtoll

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

Hey Verge, you have more insight than I do lol but I just have this gut instinct that Carolina is not done with the QB position this off-season, whether is via draft or trade. I know we just got Darnold but part of me thinks they want some competition, or atleast, an upgrade to the back-up position who could develop into a decent starter... 

Now do I think Carolina will actually pull the trigger in the 2nd? Probably not but as stated in another thread, wasn't there late 1st round/early 2nd round grades on Mills? I could be mistaken.

I'd imagine that would want a competent backup. I just don't know that 2nd day of the draft is the best place to take that when you need the depth that we do. Another poster said that they heard we like Mills, I have not heard anything about that but they may be more in the know on this one.

14 minutes ago, Verge said:

I'd imagine that would want a competent backup. I just don't know that 2nd day of the draft is the best place to take that when you need the depth that we do. Another poster said that they heard we like Mills, I have not heard anything about that but they may be more in the know on this one.

Have heard we are poking around feelers for Minshew

I'm not as "the sky is falling" if we don't get more offensive line talent.  We were dead in the middle last year (17th) in sacks given up and our scheme doesn't ask for linemen to hold up for long periods of time.  

I am by no way saying we shouldn't draft a linemen at 2 and / or 3 but I really don't like passing on talent for need.  I don't want to get a linemen just to proclaim we've got a franchise left tackle.

I'm a big believer is setting up the team to go into battle as is before a single player is drafted and then look to improve in the best possible ways depending on how the draft falls.

• Pie 1

Because I sense tension and see myself as the Huddle ray of sunshine, I wanted to introduce some Tackles that may be unloved or misunderstood.  I like them all, and I think they have the tools, fixable problems, and the experience to start soon in the NFL.  I include some IOL that I like too.  And if I am right, you will all ignore it and claim that you already knew this:

Best offensive lineman available if we trade back or sit at 39:

2nd Creed Humphrey C (MHS choice for Center)

2nd/3rd round Wyatt Davis G (plug and play starter—love him as a G)

3rd round:  Stone Forsythe LT (my sleeper pick—good pass protector, bad run blocker—fixable- MHS CHOICE)

3rd round: Spencer Brown Swing T (Long arms, ability to play LT-MHS CHOICE)

3RD/4TH Josh Ball, LT (35” arms, very underrated. Was impressive at SR bowl. MHS CHOICE)

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, Verge said:

If we move back, Mond, Trask, Mills, etc.?