• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yall ain't gonna wanna hear this but

RumHam

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Their are no starters left.  The rest have to be developed.  There are no plug and play.  There were 2 maybe 3 if darrisaw is ready but everyone else has issues.     

We don't actually need a day 1 LT. Erving is actually pretty good, he just can't finish a season due to injuries. If we can draft a developmental guy that can start by mid-October and turn into a franchise guy, that's a huge win. Erving can step back to veteran depth across the line.

1 hour ago, SCPantherFan90 said:

I think there's still plenty of offensive talent, but for some strange reason that Horn makes me want to say screw it and keep going on defense lol. I love good defense, and I want us to get back to that.

This kept happening to me every time I did a mock draft. I kept drafting Horn and Samuel Jr, then I really loved Jordan Smith or Nick Bolton in the 3rd. Around the 4th you could try to nab Devine Deablo or this safety from LSU as Kam Chancellor type. 

Maybe Monty Rice in the 5th? The small safety from TCU? He seems like a beast. 

I think Spencer Brown or one of the centers could be a good pick in the 2nd 

• Pie 1

Just now, shaqattaq said:

We don't actually need a day 1 LT. Erving is actually pretty good, he just can't finish a season due to injuries. If we can draft a developmental guy that can start by mid-October and turn into a franchise guy, that's a huge win. Erving can step back to veteran depth across the line.

There are tons of developmental guys left.  Its just a crap shoot on that level.   IMO there were only 2 immediate starters at LT in this draft (maybe 3 with darrisaw, but I am not sure there) and we obviously let one go by to San Diego.  Maybe what you posted is our plan, start Erving, hope like hell he doesnt get hurt and then get whoever up to speed ASAP.

I will say this, there are a ton of IOL still on the board that can walk in tomorrow and be starters.  Our oline situation is dire yet.............but we are really on thin ice if we dont figure out the next 3 rounds.

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, Ace420 said:

Granted, it isnt a 'starter' but we still need sone rotational DTs. Havebto be able to give the big guys a rest. And our good looking defense will be for naught if a DT goes down to injury and we cant stop the run.

You have 2 starters and primary backup in the 2nd DT we drafted last year... This is definitely a later round need..

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There are tons of developmental guys left.  Its just a crap shoot on that level.   IMO there were only 2 immediate starters at LT in this draft (maybe 3 with darrisaw, but I am not sure there) and we obviously let one go by to San Diego.  Maybe what you posted is our plan, start Erving, hope like hell he doesnt get hurt and then get whoever up to speed ASAP.

I will say this, there are a ton of IOL still on the board that can walk in tomorrow and be starters.  Our oline situation is dire yet.............but we are really on thin ice if we dont figure out the next 3 rounds.

We actually did a poo ton of stuff in the off season to address IOL. Miller, Erving, and Elfein are all starting guards (if healthy) on most lines, even if they're not stars. I'd love a young C/G like Humphrey, Meinerz or Dickerson, but we still NEED a LT that can eventually take the reigns. every round, that chance gets slimmer.

Off season moves: (I wanted to track it all myself, even if it has nothing to do with the post)

1. Keep our (good) linemen; Scott & Miller re-signed, Moton tagged.

2. Pass rush; Reddick, Fox, Perryman.

3. Oline flexibility; Elfein & Erving can play anywhere on the line.

4. Red Zone targets; Moore and Arnold.

5. Grab a vet CB and DT; Jones & Bouye

6. Do EVERTHING humanly possible to upgrade QB. How much of an upgrade remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I’d still draft teven if he’s there but I doubt he will be even if he’s not projected as a LT. But gut feeling is Grant based on senior bowl and smoke. He’s extremely talented.

I would too.  At worst you have a pro bowl right Guard.  Moton must have no ability to play LT--just wants to be paid like one.  Teven could save you $23m you don't want to pay Moton--not the best plan.  Some say Teven can play LT---I do not see it.

The bottom line?  We may think we have LT covered and become elite on D and add a slot WR---then address the OL on day 3---they may think Scott and Erv got this...I dunno.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

In a perfect world yes and we will be the only team seeking a quarterback who will fall into our laps. I wish it were that easy. Depends heavily on many factors but I don't think it's a scenario we want to be facing next year. Plenty of teams have found themselves a qb away in recent years only to come to the realization how difficult it is to find the right one. Let us hope Sam pans out.

I agree. I also think we’re putting ourselves in a great position with our defense and then weapons on offense. Could be enticing to an aging QB that wants to win right away like a Russell Wilson. So we’ll have plenty of cap space and enough in place to compete for top notch free agents or trade, or we could compensate with that cap for losing draft capital to move up. 

There are certainly many teams in worse positions. 

Edited by ECHornet